Next Thread
Print Thread
L
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
L
Good morning all,

I have been enjoying Divinity so far. I couldn't be more impressed with the overall quality of the game.
I normally play on my TV through the Steam link using the wireless xbox controller adapter. Everything was working well, until it wasn't. I cannot identify any changes to my system, except for a small update to divinity that took place.

At this time, when opening Divinity Original Sin from the steam link, it is detected in kb / mouse mode, and not in controller mode. In this mode, the right stick and right trigger can be used for mouse movement. Switching to controller mode in the options menu prevents any input from the controller from working. The game then needs to be alt+f4'd to close.

If I plug the same wireless adapter and use Steam's Big Picture mode directly from the computer, the controller works as intended. If I use the steam link to stream Divinity from my Win10 laptop, the controller works as intended.

The only non-working scenario is my Win7 desktop through the steam link.

Troubleshooting steps taken:
Steam link configuration for "customization of xbox 360 controllers"
Reinstall of Steam
Reinstall of Divinity
XBox 360 wired controller through steam link
Misc other controllers

All of these tests come up with the same symptoms. Does Divinity Original Sin officially support the steam link? Other games and controllers are functional with the controllers, and the wireless adapter is supported by steam. This only seems to affect Divinity Original Sin.
Thank you for your help. I would love to finish up the game so we can start playing Original Sin 2!

Support
Support

Is the computer close enough to the TV to try the Xbox receiver in the computer when you are streaming?

Did you disable the customization of Xbox 360 controllers, or go through and make sure it isn't set to emulate a KB/mouse in the Link settings somewhere? If the game is getting mouse input from the controller, it must be being emulated.

I don't think the game was tested with the Steam Link.

stranger
stranger
I just spent a little over two hours trying to get my wireless Bluetooth Xbox One controller to work while streaming to my laptop from my desktop. The controller is being seen by the launcher, which btw when I press A to launch Definitive Edition the launcher goes away but the game doesn't start streaming. I have to hit back on Big Picture and click back into the game where it refreshes and shows it's running on my desktop. I can then stream the running instance.

I also had no mouse control through all but one of my attempts. The mouse works when I first launched the game and hadn't turned anything off or tweaked anything, so I'm not really sure what broke mouse input thereafter. The tips in game all show as keyboard ahortcuts.

Things I've tried:
Running in windowed mode
Entering launch parameters to skip the launcher
Turning off all configurations in controller options(on both my laptop and desktop, which I've never had to do for any other game btw)
Running the game as administrator directly from EoCApp icon
I've tried streaming my desktop and launching the game from the icon in it's folder (I got mouse control this way)
I've tried with controller off, still no mouse

What I haven't tried is connecting my controller directly to my desktop. Why? Because that's not the point and I've never had this problem with a game that boasts controller support while streaming to my laptop.

The internet connection is hard wired. The Bluetooth controller is hooked up to my laptop. Steam sees and recognizes the controller is present. The DoS 2 launcher sees the controller is there.. beyond the launcher no detection of controller OR mouse on my laptop under normal and modified launch conditions.

I didn't have this issue when using Steam Link app on my Samsung TV when playing the first DoS. I dont recall there being a launcher for the first game, so maybe that is playing a role in this. My son and I were able to couch coop the game with two Xbox one bluetooth controllers that were connected to the TV. The TV is also hard wired to the internet. I cannot test DoS 2 on the TV app atm but I will try in the near future.

Laptop is Envy HP but I'm not sure that matters.

I've read through quite a few topics and thus far this isn't working with any suggestions where people claimed to have fixed the issue.

Last edited by ttbloodlusttt; 27/06/20 05:52 AM. Reason: fixed typos
Support
Support

The point of trying with the controller connected to the desktop computer is to narrow down whether the issues is with the game detecting the controller (which it should in this case) or with the streaming process.

Do you have a different controller you can try connecting to the desktop, to make sure the game detects a controller on startup, and brings up the prompt window before the main menu to select the input method? I don't recall if it was with a Steam link, but one person did report that let them play with controllers on the client system, when otherwise the streaming device wasn't making the controllers visible to the game on startup.

Moderated by  gbnf, Issh, Kurnster, Larian_QA, LarSeb, Monodon, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard