Next Thread
Print Thread
#607744 20/08/17 12:50 AM
L
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
L
Is there any plan to launch the game in other languages?

If afirmative, do you guys know which ones?

Thanks!

Lovecraft1969 #607745 20/08/17 03:56 AM
Support
Support

English, French, German and Russian will be available at release. Other localizations may be announced later in development, or after the full release.

Raze #607748 20/08/17 10:59 AM
L
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
L
Thanks for the answer.

Do you know if spanish is or will be in mind for developing? Seems weird to me that second most spoken native language worldwide is not even in the scope of the developers...

Btw, is there any diference between release and full release?

Lovecraft1969 #607782 21/08/17 04:02 AM
Support
Support

I assume any localization for D:OS EE will at least be considered for D:OS 2, as well.

By full release I just mean the release of the full game, as opposed to the Early Access release.

Lovecraft1969 #610141 12/09/17 01:32 PM
V
stranger
stranger
V
No spanish on the list? You fucking kiddin' me?

Lovecraft1969 #610144 12/09/17 01:45 PM
Originally Posted by Lovecraft1969
Thanks for the answer.

Do you know if spanish is or will be in mind for developing? Seems weird to me that second most spoken native language worldwide is not even in the scope of the developers...

Neither is chinese or farsi

Great last words.

Oh no. Not again...
U
stranger
stranger
U
Originally Posted by Ayath The Loafer
Originally Posted by Lovecraft1969
Thanks for the answer.

Neither is chinese or farsi

I really think that Larian has make a terrible decition in languaje translation. Chinese and Spanish should be in the game at release because they are probably two of the most paybacks languajes in the world.

If we consider spanish you can count that you are going to lose around the 25% of the Spain market, wich is the fourth of europeans markets, and probably 50-75% of Latinoamerican market, 420 millions, even considering they are has rich as rusian people they are nearly 3 times their volume. Is a neat lost of money.

Chinese is even worse, not translating to chinese is losing nearly all the chances in a nearly 1k millions country.

Arab, not farsi, could be an other god investment but probably theirs videogame market is much more complicated due to cultural issues.

I think that Larian has a really lazy languages policy and they only do the translations they are forced by law, AKA French and German. And I sincerily think they are losing money with it.

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard