Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Damashi Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
After Raze confirmed that we can customize companion appearances after act 1 I decided to go into the character creator, and try to see how I would like to improve each companion. It was here that I saw that the character creator was way more limited in terms of options than I realized. While I know its been said a few times on the forums that there will be quite a few more options at launch, I thought I'd give a list of what I personally would like to see out of the character creator at launch.

More Faces Options:

When I went in to try and give Ifan a face that I felt fit his more chill, laid back personality, I came to realization that I only liked face 6 on male humans...which I was already using for my main character. Male human has only 8 faces, human female has 11, Lizard male and female have 5, male elf has 5, female elf has 7, male dwarf has 5, and female dwarf has 6.

My hope is that the bare minimum for each gender of each race will be12 faces. With the hide helmet feature, which I am incredibly thankful for, faces and hair become much more important to look how the player wants, so they need more options, so there are less similar looking characters. I also REALLY want the new additions to the male face roster to look younger and more visually appealing, because there are already plenty of older looking wizened like faces on the roster, but prettier faces, ESPECIALLY for male characters, are lacking.

More Hair Options:

I love having characters with long straight hair, and was really disappointed by the limited hair options for pretty much every race. Hoping that there will be close to 15-20 hair styles for every gender of each race. I wouldn't even mind reusing hair styles for the opposite gender, or different races just to make it happen. Female human style 2 would look amazing on literally every race and gender, except lizards...for obvious reasons. I'm begging you, please make female human style 2, female human style 4, elf female style 6, and female dwarf style 4 usable by everyone sans lizards. If you can't give us all of these at the very least make human female hair style 2 available to everyone. Its way too good to just be usable for only them alone.

More Tags for Created Characters:

Please up the amount of tags a created character can have up to 3 instead of 2. Considering that the origin characters have extra story and options, this would really help to give our own custom characters more personality. I would love to be a mystic outlaw jester, or noble mystic scholar, or mystic outlaw scholar, or a mystic barbarian solider. It would really help give our characters more things to work with when role playing, so I hope you consider doing this.

More Underwear Options:

Something that always annoyed me about underwear in DOS1 was that you choices were boxers, more boxers, and then just another pair of pants and you couldn't change the color of any of them. It would be nice to be able to choose boxers, briefs, or boxerbriefs instead of just boxerbriefs (or leaf thong if you are an elf), and the ability to change the color. It would kinda neat considering that quite a few armor types show off underwear, and that when you are taken to jail all your armor is removed, and I'm sure there are a few more moments in later acts where your clothes will be stolen as part of the story, similar to an optional encounter in DOS1.

Hope that most of these things make it in to the final game at launch.

P.S hoping that there will be skin options for the undead, so that they aren't all skeletal like. Really liked how Ophelia looked stitched together in Divinity: Dragon Commander https://adriankoltun014.files.wordpress.com/2014/09/1920x1200_undead.jpg . I was planning on playing human male on release, but if the undead character has something like that I'll definitely consider playing them first.

Last edited by Damashi; 12/08/17 03:43 AM.
Damashi Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
I just thought of it, but its probably too late to add this to the game considering there is only a month left, but a ex-slave tag would be nice. I think it might allow some characters to better empathize with Sebille.

Last edited by Damashi; 12/08/17 04:24 AM.
Z
stranger
stranger
Z
One tiny thing I would love is an open bar for us to name our own custom class, like in Elder Scrolls: Oblivion. This is a very minor detail, but since I really love the many classes that you guys (Larian) have already permutated for us, it would be awesome for us to formally name our own.

I suppose this could also be a very easy mod to make.

yours into eternity,

~Zachariah
S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
Really excited to see the undead options. 100% skeletal is cool with me and probably makes the most sense, if they've been undead for any significant amount of time, but I think options where some of the muscle and sinew is still deteriorating on them would look cool.

GMAddon1: Adds almost every single monster and NPC from the main campaign into GM mode, plus a few large custom maps to use in GM mode.
veteran
veteran
More faces. Or an easy framework to create new ones.

Damashi Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Another thing that I would like to see on release are more tutorial messages when you first open character creation.

"Divinity: Original Sin 2 is a classless system! The presets are just a guide to give you inspiration, and only determine your starting weapon. Change, the skills, stats, talents, etc. to your liking."

"All stats have the potential to be useful in any build you can think of! They can also make all the difference between a successful or failed persuasion check!"

More things like this might help alleviate some confusion for players brand new to the Divinity games.

Last edited by Damashi; 22/08/17 05:31 AM.
C
C
As someone with no interest in their "origin characters" (last I checked you make your own stories for characters in these games), it needs more tags for the custom built charaters

S
S
Originally Posted by Damashi

"All stats have the potential to be useful in any build you can think of! They can also make all the difference between a successful or failed persuasion check!"

Could you please explain how stats affect persuasion?

Originally Posted by Zachariah
One tiny thing I would love is an open bar for us to name our own custom class, like in Elder Scrolls: Oblivion. This is a very minor detail, but since I really love the many classes that you guys (Larian) have already permutated for us, it would be awesome for us to formally name our own.

That is a great idea that does not seem to be too complicated in implementation. In this case (and only in this case) I would like to have my class title be seen by myself and other players in UI.

As mentioned, more tags would be appreciated. At least one more, a neutral one which can relate to most characters (Source adept? adventurer? traveller? commoner? everyman?) as I sometimes struggle a temptation to leave only 1 tag because there is nothing else relevant.

Last edited by Sotnik; 21/08/17 09:26 PM.
N
N
Definitely more head/hair/beard options for all races. Besides that, I wish there was more color control. Like coloring the eyes, or in the case of lizards, changing the underbelly plate colors.

enthusiast
enthusiast
I'm looking forward to the undead ; I hope there are different head options for every undead racial variant (More than one elf head, more than one lizard head, etc.)

Damashi Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Sotnik

Could you please explain how stats affect persuasion?

Originally Posted by Zachariah

That is a great idea that does not seem to be too complicated in implementation. In this case (and only in this case) I would like to have my class title be seen by myself and other players in UI.

As mentioned, more tags would be appreciated. At least one more, a neutral one which can relate to most characters (Source adept? adventurer? traveller? commoner? everyman?) as I sometimes struggle a temptation to leave only 1 tag because there is nothing else relevant.

Each stat corresponds to a different persuasion event. Int = reasoning, memory = authority, strength = intimidate, wits = seduction and mislead. I forget what finesse and constitution relate to. The more you have of that stat the easier it is to succeed even if you have no civil points in persuasion.

Last edited by Damashi; 22/08/17 04:09 AM.
S
S

Each stat corresponds to a different persuasion event. Int = reasoning, memory = authority, strength = intimidate, wits = seduction and mislead. I forget what finesse and constitution relate to. The more you have of that stat the easier it is to succeed even if you have no civil points in persuasion.

Lol how did you learn it? I believed I had to pick responses based on logic. Now I see that I should just consider these stupid numbers - or does the system represent a combination of these two principles?

In addition to what had been said, I think that the Devs' job might become even easier if they take the origin characters' tags and slice and cut them until they become applicable to player-made characters. "Villain" is the most obvious tag, but all the rest could also be turned in something like "ex-slave" or "too noble" or "psycho" or "hitman".

Damashi Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Sotnik

Lol how did you learn it? I believed I had to pick responses based on logic. Now I see that I should just consider these stupid numbers - or does the system represent a combination of these two principles?

In addition to what had been said, I think that the Devs' job might become even easier if they take the origin characters' tags and slice and cut them until they become applicable to player-made characters. "Villain" is the most obvious tag, but all the rest could also be turned in something like "ex-slave" or "too noble" or "psycho" or "hitman".

1. Its how it is in almost every rpg that exists. 2. Swen mentions this in several of the kickstarter vids and streams.

Picking your highest stat is not always the best option; it depends on the situation, because some persuasion options will be easier or harder based on the context.

Last edited by Damashi; 22/08/17 05:57 PM.
S
S
Thanks. Then it is not so bad.
I have just watched a twitch where "authority", "seduction" and other such terms were replaced by stat names.

Damashi Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Hoping there will be more than three voices to choose from. I should have mentioned it earlier, but I keep forgetting the voice barks will be voiced, and I care way more about having a large amount of dialogue options for each conversation.

Saying it now because I heard some of the voice acting in the Co-op spotlight video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMHqguB7ihE&list=PLxWy16HPPmeF6WTW_HeAOR0nfc6kp9pb0&index=59

Damashi Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
I personally don't think corpse eater is over powered, but I do feel the other racial talents are not only less interesting, but weak by comparison. If Humans got + 1 to persuade +1 bartering, Lizards got +1 to persuade + 1 to loremaster, and Dwarfs got + 1 sneaking + 1 bartering, it would really bridge the gaps between the other races.

Moderated by  gbnf 

Link Copied to Clipboard