Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#607825 22/08/17 01:01 AM
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Hey everyone,
After playing the game multiple time I came to think that the Tyrant armor set seems very underwhelming when you finally manage to get all pieces.

Except for the helm, no other piece can really be worn without the other ones (I guess you can try to have 100%+ fire resist for the other piece that sets you on fire), and when you get all items all you have is a decent armor set at best.

I mean you have to spend 2 source points to get 2 pieces and all you have a just an ok set that can easily be replaced by regular items (green or blue) from either loots or merchants.

The helm gives you the limited source skill so I like the helm but the rest ?
I am the only one disapointed by that set ?

89 Armor
18 Magic armor
+1 Strength
+1 Constitution
+1 Warfare
+1 Two handed
+1 Sneaking
+1 Leadership (after beating the Demon)
-0.5 Movement

[img:center]https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd....E0BE6DBC1BADAEC125E1EFD358C77D5E4F03091/[/img]

[img:center]https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd....EC3E153A1BD635967FFD41157F765E3AD2AEF66/[/img]

The screenshot are showing the stats of items of similar level.
Since you have to equip all the pieces at once, wouldn't it be cool if it was at least better than blue gear of the same level (even slightly, they don't need to compare to purple items since you don't really need to fight to find any of those) ?
Ok, the skill and stat increase is rather focused which is good compared to random items, but the armor value is about the same a lvl 5 blue item and you can't add nails to the Tyrant boots to have the immune to slipping frown

Last edited by Deadknight; 22/08/17 01:12 AM.
S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
Keep in mind that this is only Act 1. A common criticism Larian received in reviews of the first game is that the game was too easy the last half of it or so. Do not expect them to make that mistake again by giving you an overpowered set of items or armor or anything in the very first Act. If you want the super powerful stuff, you have to play to the end of the game.

GMAddon1: Adds almost every single monster and NPC from the main campaign into GM mode, plus a few large custom maps to use in GM mode.
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Actually, I didn't explain why I was a bit annoyed but, I don't want it to be OP but when I play through the first act, I usually have better armor when I complete the set.

Which means I either don't wear the armor at all or only for a very short time.
And I just wish I could use it a bit longer laugh

S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
Ah, makes sense. Fair point then.

GMAddon1: Adds almost every single monster and NPC from the main campaign into GM mode, plus a few large custom maps to use in GM mode.
tee Offline
journeyman
journeyman
That's the problem with most unique stuffs right now. Except for Jewelry, most unique equipments tend to be weaker than epic and sometimes even weaker than Rare in stats.

And they only lasts for one level, once you level up, even a Unique weapon can be beaten by an Uncommon ones with one level higher. (e.g: Dallis lvl6 Hammer )

Which is kind of disappointing because they usually have thier own unique designs or recolored version i prefer.

another example: the unique armor sold by Hilde. It has x10 times the price compared to a common armor yet it armor stats will be useless after you level up past it.

ps: only way i think unique would works is to make it scaled atleast 1-2 levels from it starting level. Weapons scale damage, gears scale armors and keep it effectiveness around Rare level so it won't be too powerful. And players will keep it if they like them unique options with thier stats still proving to be useful at thier respective level.

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
I am actually fine with unique items not always be better than an equivalent of the same level.
It just provides specific bonuses or fit with the lore of the perdon that was carrying them.

However the Tyrant set is an entire set which you can't really use with having the full set and the full set isn't very rewarding.
Only the helmet is really good but you can use it without the rest of the armor without big drawback.

Moderated by  gbnf 

Link Copied to Clipboard