Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
C
I'm about two hours in. I've been playing couch coop on PC with two Xbox 360 controllers. I play as player one, and I've been having this extremely annoying issue where buttons don't seem to be responding correctly. It's like they aren't pressed.

Since I'm still early in the game I keep getting tutorial popups. It takes me an average of like 20 seconds to hold A to say "understood" because the game doesn't recognize that it's being pushed. Similar thing with holding B to end the turn. Or really anywhere.. Reading the log, going through menus... But not when walking around.

Second player doesn't have this issue. Changing controllers or restarting the game doesn't fix the problem. It's always first player. I would like to play this game but this is extremely annoying!

I'm not sure what to Google to fix this either. I've found nothing. Any ideas?

Support
Support

If you drop the vibration slider in the options to zero, does that make a difference?

What about if you switch to windowed or fake fullscreen display mode?

Maybe try uninstalling the drivers, reboot and see if the game still recognizes the controllers (the drivers may only be needed for force feedback). If so, does that affect input for player 1? Disconnecting and reconnecting should automatically reinstall the drivers.

Do you have a different controller you can try as a test?

Try using x360ce to configure the 2 controllers slightly differently.
Run x360ce_x64.exe from the install folder ('shipping' subfolder), configure both controllers (manually, or searching for the "most popular settings for my controller"), and in the Game Settings set it to create Xinput files for 64 bit v1.3. Hopefully that will avoid the problem.

Moderated by  gbnf, Issh, Kurnster, Larian_QA, LarSeb, Monodon, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard