Divinity Banner
Topic Options
#609872 - 09/10/17 03:32 PM Sparkmaster controller not working
sneakypetev Offline
stranger

Loc: Ohio
I have palyed DOSee several times on explorer mode and when I encountered the Sparkmaster I was able to disable it's powerfull electrical attack w/ the controller I received from Arhu. But when I played the game at normal difficulty and at tactical mode the controller doesn't work. When I use the code to disable weapons the Sprkmaster operator says he needs another charge but lets loose w/ the electricel charge which usually kills at least 2 of my group. I am able to take out the Sparkmaster , but it's annoying that the controller doesn't seem to work. Anyone else run into the same problem , and is it a difficulty mode thing or has an update changed the fight ?

#609908 - 09/11/17 01:40 AM Re: Sparkmaster controller not working [Re: sneakypetev]
Raze Offline

Loc: Canada

The difficulty shouldn't matter.

Did the Sparkmaster receive any air damage after you used the remote? That could include reflected damage if any of your characters have armour that reflects a portion of damage taken as air damage.

Using the remote to vent steam will create a cloud that can become electrified if the robot tries to use the ultrabolt attack, or the mages there try charging it.
There are also 3 levers in the cave you can use, rather than the remote.

#612685 - 09/16/17 02:23 PM Re: Sparkmaster controller not working [Re: sneakypetev]
sneakypetev Offline
stranger

Raze, none of those things happen. The undead operator states I am useless I need another charge, but he blasts away any how. I know about the levers, it's the only way to take him down now, it's just I remember the remote working back when I first played on explorer mode. None of my groups' equipment had anything like reflective dmg, I usually don't get anything like that until 9th or 10th level. I always have the Character w/ the highest init. use the controller so the Sparkmaster has not been hit by anything when I use it. Not a big deal , but it makes what was an easy fight pretty hard w/ the controller not working. Thanks for replying.

#634555 - 10/29/17 07:02 PM Re: Sparkmaster controller not working [Re: sneakypetev]
sneakypetev Offline
stranger

Has anyone else run into this ? Since I first posted this I have started half a dozen games at different diff. modes and the controller still does not work. The Sparkmaster operator states he needs another charge but still blasts away on his tun.Further info I have played the game both on my desktop,( now deceased), and my laptop w/ the same results.

#634565 - 10/29/17 09:48 PM Re: Sparkmaster controller not working [Re: sneakypetev]
caninelegion Offline

Myself? No. I don't recall the operator saying anything and never had an issue but I generally use the shut down weapons command.