Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
A
veteran
veteran
A
Or a "mysterious white gelatinous cube" ? wink

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer
Or a "mysterious white gelatinous cube" ? wink

"You have met the mysterious "monster-slayer for hire" who calls himself "Gerolt the White Wolf". During the conversation you discover that he is just a cowardly swindler who robs village people by tricking them into believing in his supernatural skills. In reality, he managed to build a device that allows him to control the behaviour of many creatures - from which he can profit.".

You will have 3 options to finish this quest:

1) You can expose his shameful behaviour & let the village people lynch him [village people will pay you large ammount of gold for it]

2) You can promise Gerolt that you won't expose him, but in return he will have to give you his silver sword.

3) You can kill Gerlot and steal his mind control device [you will be able to control one creature that will fight on your side].

Last edited by Estrogen; 16/06/12 12:21 PM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by flixerflax
Well, I'm pretty sure imps are inter-dimensional beings. Pretty much every imp you run across is either in another dimension or has some kind of access to other dimensions.

Except for all those imps in the Wastelands. They may have just been summoned there.

There's also an ancient, deserted imp castle in the Dark Forest. But who knows if they originally built or just lived there at some point...

I think we'll just have to get used to Larian playing fast and loose with the lore. No glaring contradictions. It all kinda fits together.

There's only one dimension-traveling imp as far as I know, so it's an exaggeration to say "every imp" has access to another dimension.

There are plenty of glaring contradictions, so much so in Divinity 2 that I suspected that Larian didn't get anyone to actually play through Divine Divinity before tossing in references to it.

Zixzax-the-Almost-Wise is completely different, different appearance, different skin tone, different reason for his name, and he claims that the Divine stole HIS teleporter stones, when one was in a locked room in the Aleroth catacombs and the other was in Lanilor's closet. Zizzax was the one who stole them from the Divine - and returned them later without ever making a claim of ownership.

The Engineer in Divine Divinity didn't come across to me as a millenium-old supernatural robot, but apparently he was.

Thelyron Hashnitor's journals gave the impression that he was alive when he made a deal with Mardaneus and was only dead for a decade or so, but Behrlihn says he spent "a long undead life" in search of chaos magic.

There are others, but I'd have to look them up.

Each game adds and subtracts entire sentient species that were never referenced before (and/or are missing entirely after). The Divinity universe doesn't "play fast and loose" with the lore, each game seems to have different lore which is all piled up into a disorganized heap.

veteran
veteran
We already have had a long conversation about that in Divinity 2 section of the forums. And not just one. Unfortunately, such mistakes are unavoidable when it comes to RPG videogames, especially if the sequel weren't actually (read: solid planing) planned from the beginning.

Unlike with the books (belletristic ie fantasy), the game isn't always about the story and setting, a lot of it dedicated to visuals, audio setup and gameplay. Sometimes the latter can be so good that saves bad storywriting/setting (and vice versa).

Last edited by Kein; 16/06/12 03:46 PM.
veteran
veteran
I know, I know (although I'll disagree with you on the "unavoidable" part). I love the Divinity games (well, not so much Beyond Divinity), and I'll buy them, but I will admit that the handling of some things just bugs me.

old hand
old hand
IIRC Macbeth was the lead writer on Divinity 2, but he wasn't around yet when Divine Divinity was in development.

Not sure whether Divine Divinity has a lore book/story book associated with it.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Stabbey

There's only one dimension-traveling imp as far as I know, so it's an exaggeration to say "every imp" has access to another dimension.

There are plenty of glaring contradictions, so much so in Divinity 2 that I suspected that Larian didn't get anyone to actually play through Divine Divinity before tossing in references to it.

Zixzax-the-Almost-Wise is completely different, different appearance, different skin tone, different reason for his name, and he claims that the Divine stole HIS teleporter stones, when one was in a locked room in the Aleroth catacombs and the other was in Lanilor's closet. Zizzax was the one who stole them from the Divine - and returned them later without ever making a claim of ownership.

The Engineer in Divine Divinity didn't come across to me as a millenium-old supernatural robot, but apparently he was.

Thelyron Hashnitor's journals gave the impression that he was alive when he made a deal with Mardaneus and was only dead for a decade or so, but Behrlihn says he spent "a long undead life" in search of chaos magic.

There are others, but I'd have to look them up.

Each game adds and subtracts entire sentient species that were never referenced before (and/or are missing entirely after). The Divinity universe doesn't "play fast and loose" with the lore, each game seems to have different lore which is all piled up into a disorganized heap.

Well, heck, NOTHING looks or sounds the same between Divinity and Divinity 2. In that single respect I'd say your standards are way too high in what constitutes a glaring contradiction.

Now, about the imps...mine was an either/or statement. Not many are actively traveling, true. Zixzax is. Zaknadrix and Antx have/are in the magic sphere that gives entry to the Arakand universe. The imps that assault you just after becoming the Divine One disappear by doing a backflip into thin air.

I'm not sure they have a homeland because everywhere they are, they seem to be there as intruders or exiles. There's the imp village on Nemesis. The ancient castle in the Dark Forest. The hordes in the Wastelands. And then there's the really old PR material from before Divinity's release:

"The little devils have mysterious origins, with nobody knowing exactly where they came from. Theories range from the Imps existing as magical beings, to being experiments gone horribly wrong, to being former inhabitants of the fairy lands, expelled for their obnoxious behavior. None of these theories is really verifiable, however, since Imps have a particularly unpleasant disposition."

The rest I won't comment on, because, apparently, it's the subject of other threads.

veteran
veteran

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Estrogen
I would love to see some in-game reference to The Witcher series smile

Like a quest when you meet the mysterious "white wolf" called Gerolt or something like that smile

You'd find him in a brothel f**king women.

A
veteran
veteran
A
Or playing cards !

When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it.
--Dilbert cartoon

"Interplay.some zombiefied unlife thing going on there" - skavenhorde at RPGWatch
veteran
veteran
Or building your own cottage with barrels, pieces of wood, branches, crates, .... or dig your own cave wherein you place torches or candle light so you can "see" what you're "talking about" :hihi: ...

But I believe this is something I can dream of or I can try to build such things with the upcoming editor laugh !

On 7th of february 2015 : I start a new adventure in the Divinity world of Original Sin,
it's a Fantastic Freaking Fabulous Funny ... it's my All Time Favorite One !
M
Marc91BR
Unregistered
Marc91BR
Unregistered
M
divinity original sin, will have the games on steam?

Support
Support

Most likely. D:OS will be have a digital and retail release, but no details have been announced yet. Steamworks will be used for online multi-player and to distribute player made mods.

Welcome to the forum. wave

stranger
stranger
Sorry for the necro post, got a bit excited over DDOS II that I would like to support your next kickstarter!

Looks like I'm going to pop my "kickstarter pledge cherry" with you guys!...Please be gentle as it's my first time!

Now get that kickstarter page up already!

Last edited by TZODun2K15; 16/09/17 11:05 AM.
D
stranger
stranger
D
Don't want to make a new topic for such a small question, so i raise this from the dead. (am i a Sith Lord, or not, hehehe)

Larian folks, will you make a game where we can play as Damian? But not with all those blonde pussies like in SW Starkiller game, whatever it's name is. And without those "oooooh help this little kid to be not so evil" type of quests.
Will you have the guts to make a game with the look from the other side?

I remember i have asked the Egosoft guys on their forum - will they make a game where we play as an AI, like, the Xenon. To show us the lore of the terraformer AI, their story and all. They just remained silent. I guess they better go on cloning the same shit just with different color scheme...

What about you guys? Will you pour some fresh water into this pool?

With all respect.

Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard