Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
K
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
K
Greetings, made an account here so I can post what I did. Not sure if this is the right place to post, but anyway.

First off, the idea came from a reddit user named Seeker1624. You can see his post here: https://www.reddit.com/r/DivinityOriginalSin/comments/70htx7/psa_gamebreaking_bug/dn5ilmg/

I stumbled upon his post while looking for a way to fix the bug, since I had no other options left because the last unaffected save file was 4 hours earlier than my recent save.

Anyway, this is what I did. MILD LOCATION SPOILER FOR ACT II, BE WARNED:

First, you have to go to Marg or Grog, the two troll bridges.
In my case, I used Marg. Also, this was my first time meeting him, so I'm not sure if it'll work if you can pass by the bridge without him stopping you and initiating dialog.

https://i.imgur.com/DlowSnF.jpg

Unchain all of your party members and chain one of them to the bugged character. In my case Lohse was the bugged one.

Control your bugged character and go past the troll. You'll see that he will try to interact with the party member that's chained with you, but it's bugged. If you go control that party member, you'll see that there's no dialog box.

https://i.imgur.com/hSLdYBV.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/h0oBqLT.jpg

Here you can see I have the Red Prince currently selected, and he's in a dialog with the troll but there's no dialog box.

Once this happens, take control of the bugged character and try to move away from the troll. If you do this, your other party member will try to go towards you. At this point I'm not sure what causes the fix, but in any case just try to move away from the troll.

If everything goes right, the dialog box will show up and if you check, you can see that the troll is interacting with both your bugged character and the other party member.

https://i.imgur.com/YlvPf7Y.jpg

Both are talking to him.

Just exit out of the dialog and he'll force you away from the bridge. After this you can now talk with the bugged character again, yay!

Now go kill off Nicholas after, I guess :P

EDIT: Welp, BBCode doesn't work yet for my account. Hopefully a mod could mod-edit and put some spoilers on the fix, since it's kinda a spoiler.

Last edited by Kishidle; 20/09/17 10:02 AM.
W
stranger
stranger
W
Second this, I had the problem did this and it fixed the issue for me.

K
stranger
stranger
K
It works!!
I had already passed Marg earlier but it opened the dialogue again with another character when I walked by so gave it a try and can confirm walking away didn't do anything. However with Grog it works as I hadn't passed him before, and it entered Lohse (the bugged character in my case) into a dialogue! You saved me around 10 hours of playtime! So happy right now! :)))

Thanks so much for sharing!!

C
stranger
stranger
C
Worked for me and a friends co-op game saved a 20 hour save

Last edited by CopperNasher; 19/09/17 12:30 AM.
I
stranger
stranger
I
Oh my god, I have to try this when I get home. I had already played like 5hours+ with a bugged character and didn't wanna go back :9

F
stranger
stranger
F
is there any other way? unfortunately I have killed both bridge trolls :(

B
stranger
stranger
B
Had this bug too, only fix that worked was loading a previous save. If you don't notice it early it's game breaking.

W
stranger
stranger
W
Hi,
(and sorry if my english is not perfect !)

Got the same problem... but the "fix troll" do not work...
Maybe my problem is that (I think) I talked with all my party members to Nicholas… ?

For info :
- I was able to talk to the guards of Driftwood (the ones with source dogs). But after that, still the same bug, can’t talk to anyone, even the dogs (got pet pal).
- I was able to talk to Reimond on the docks but same as with the guards, still can’t talk to anyone after that.
- I tried reloading an old save before meeting Nicholas and it’s not working either....

Strange thing too :
In my last savegame progress, I’m at 30 hours. If I reload any save between 30hours and 23hours (so even waaaay before meeting Nicholas), I’ve got the same bug.
If I reload my save at 23 hours of gameplay or before that, it works !
Savegame at 23hours 00 minutes : no bug.
Savegame at 23hours 17minutes : bug.
(done nothing particular between these two saves, just walking around in Fort Joy)

I really hope for a real fix soon.... I love this game and I don’t want to lose 7 hours of gameplay just because of this bug :(

W
stranger
stranger
W
Just a quick reply : since yesterday's Steam small update of the game, everything came back to normal (well in fact, old quicksaves were still not working but regular savegames (before or after the update) work.
And new quicksaves too.
Case close for me !

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard