Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
R
rheia Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
R
Hi guys! I know this topic has been floating around steam, and help and tips forum, but I did not see a centralized discussion about it in tech support, which I assume is the place to highlight bugs.

If it was posted before, please excuse!

If its incomplete, do chime in with your findings!
--------------

The Imprisoned Elf
The last entry to speak to Sahelia remains when Amyro returns to the cave, and Sahelia acknowledges the return. (quest auto-fails later)

I've read some people say they were able to close it, but they could not retrace their exact steps (other than killing Sahelia version)

Every Mother's Nightmare
If you speak to Jeth first, speaking to Fara after does not provide any way to resolve this quest

The Arena of Fort Joy
(as noted by Nocturn41)
- Beat the first group in Fort Joy arena
- Returned to Thola, she asks if we're ready to challenge anyone. Dialogue does not provide other options, only "No one at this stage, I'll take my leave" type of response
- Was this second fight for PvP?
- Quest does not resolve regardless

The Eternal Worshipper
if the jar is broken before talking to Gratiana the quest remains open in the log.

Call to Arms

The log claims the party left without Seeker's help, even if they did help.

The Purged Dragon
If the quest is resolved by helping the dragon and he flies off to help another time, the quest auto-fails after leaving the island, saying the party left Slane behind.

Withmoore's Soul Jar

Bugs out if you already have source points/ ghost does not appear at the barrier. Remains open and allegedly closes later otherwise?

-----
Quest related:

Nicolas in the town of Driftwood NPC renders the character unable to talk to any NPC and they also then cannot be damaged in combat.

_
stranger
stranger
_
So yes I am having these issues as well. Would we be able to get an estimate for a fix on these?

Paul Johnson
S
stranger
stranger
S
Hi! i have the same problem with some of these quests, they wont complete and when i try to leave the Joy some of the quests fail, here are the ones that are bugged for me:

-The tribe of Saheila.
-The Imprisoned Elf.
-Call to Arms.
-Withmoore's Soul Jar.
-The Arena of Fort Joy.

This is a verry anoying Bug and i can't play anymore until it is fixed and i don't want to restart and have the same thing happen again, Hope they fix it soon.

Last edited by Stehole; 19/09/17 09:26 AM.
T
T
Hi.

Just chiming in to verify that I ran into all issues mentioned in the OP as well.

The 'PC becomes unable to interact with anything/anybody after talking with Nicholas' is certainly a gamebreaker, I'm not sure if that doesn't deserve its own thread for higher visibility. While researching this, OP, I ran into a post here (...?ubb=showflat&Number=614713, can't post links yet) that details one possible workaround, if you haven't solved it yourself yet.

The mentioned quests not completing properly is annoying, even more so when the game gleefully updates the log to say 'You left him to die' or something somesuch when you board the ship and conclude the act. I'm not certain if there aren't supposed to be long-time consequences, e.g. the dragon-lizard showing up later to help you out, which would make this less of an aesthetic and more of a functional bug.

Thanks,
T.

E
apprentice
apprentice
E
Bumping this to the first page, all of the above are definitely still bugged. I'd love a fix before I leave the island soonish and several of the quests fail on me.

N
stranger
stranger
N
As i've said several times: Withermoore's Soul Jar will only close properly if you go to
Braccus Rex's Tower and move towards the source barrier, Withermoore will remove the barrier and the quest will close before leaving the island.

I think Larian *should* make it so quests close regardless of what extra bonus they may provide, that should be left up as surprise anyway.

The burning pigs is done properly, that one will only close if
you cure one of the pigs that is actually a human merchant) or kill her if the water wasn't blessed

Last edited by NotCYF; 19/09/17 06:55 PM.
E
apprentice
apprentice
E
Nobody mentioned the burning pigs quest though, and you should read the OP properly before commenting. Withermoore's Soul Jar bugs out, if

Originally Posted by rheia
you already have source points/ ghost does not appear at the barrier. Remains open and allegedly closes later otherwise?

W
stranger
stranger
W
I have all the same issues as OP mentioned besides the Soul Jar one. I really hope it gets fixed in their next big patch they are talking about because I can't leave the island unless I want to fail all those quests. I'm guessing some of these might have other quests or consequences later in the game too.

K
stranger
stranger
K
Originally Posted by warpower
I have all the same issues as OP mentioned besides the Soul Jar one. I really hope it gets fixed in their next big patch they are talking about because I can't leave the island unless I want to fail all those quests. I'm guessing some of these might have other quests or consequences later in the game too.

I think they do have consequences. Pretty minor, but it still sucks.

Spoilers for Act 2, Tribe of Saheila and its subsequent quest:

Already went to the elves, but it never gave me the option to give back Saheila's amulet. Also, when I rescued her from the Lone Wolves, one of the dialog choices was something like "*Ask how she knows who you - who is she?*.
Err...because we already met in Fort Joy? Unless the Saheila in Driftwood is some twin...

Although there was a choice in Tribe of Saheila where you say you were the one who rescued Amyro(IIRC), so I guess the game knows even if the Journal failed it? But then that wouldn't explain why Saheila doesn't know who you are.

A
stranger
stranger
A
I am also hanging around in Act 1, hoping they can fix the completion triggers.

This site here is pretty handy as it shows the possible quest states. I am guessing this is taken from the game files somehow.

https://guides4gamers.com/divinity-original-sin-2/quests/

You can see what is supposed to come after the glitched part of the quests.

Last edited by Altimus; 20/09/17 04:35 AM.
D
stranger
stranger
D
A lot of them seem to be related to doing them the wrong way around which is quite easy when you use the teleportation gloves liberally I think, and also if you use thievery a lot.

For example the Beast quest line can bug out a bit if you steal the key from the guy in the arena before you talk to him. If you place it back in his inventory later but have already opened the door for that key, you then can't progress past the bit which says you need to find a fitting door.

Red Prince's quest marker at least also has issues if you agree to meet the lizard, throw Prince out of the party, kill Lizard with Sebille and then pick up Prince again later. The dialogue accounts properly for the action, but doesn't update his quest or the map marker.

Imprisoned Elf I can confirm I received rewards from BOTH Amyro and Saheila but quest still won't close.

The Arena of Fort Foy doesn't close after beating the battle. Have the option to fight against a companion but can't then select one.

Withermore Soul Jar remains open saying I destroyed the jar and he is free.

journeyman
journeyman
Confirming and updating quests in journal:

1) "Finding Emmie"
Problem is I've picked "pet pal" only after fight with Alexander (got lvl 8) and seeking all nooks and crannies, pets in this case got the quest from Buddy. At that moment all dogs in dungeon were dead, so no way to solve the quest. The game is not checking the status of that location, there should be an option to tell Buddy that his mate is dead or something like that.

2) "The Imprisoned Elf"
Done everything I could, Amyro is free, the following quest is taken (The Tribe of Saheila)
But still the quest is glitched.

3) "The Tribe of Saheila"
No way to complete it without leaving the island - that's a mistake in game design.

4) "The Arena of Fort Joy"
No option to choose anybody else after winning the first fight. This is frustrating. Also I'm going through content solo, without any npcs, and there is only two option before fight: "my mates will help" and "I don't want to fight", weird isn't it? smile
It's easy to make a check if player has no mates!

5) "Withermoore's Soul Jar"
Quest is not closed after dealing with the Withermoore's soul jar.
If it's an issue regarding this info: Lord Withermoore will come back to you one last time to unlock the barrier door inside Braccus Rex fortress and thus mark the quest as complete
I've opened that barrier with the source, saw no Withermoore, quest is not closed.

6) "Every Mother's Nightmare"
Same thing as with "The Tribe of Saheila" - game design mistake. I can get it when it's only option for free exp. - to talk with 2 npcs nearby, but if there is Emma's ghost, but in other, non reachable location that's wrong!

About "The Purged Dragon" quest:
I chose to free the dragon, but it's really wrong when Slane is returning his favor in simple situation - I was merely purging the Shriekers, everything was under control and then the dragon kills the rest of Shriekers closing the quest... Why? Regarding this the only reasonable option is to kill Slane.

It took me about 30 hours to find all these things, can't believe that QA had no problems with that either.
Hopefully Larian devs will draw their attention to these issues to make the game better.

Last edited by Eugen; 20/09/17 12:23 PM.
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Kishidle
Saheila

I guess she is blind and also forgetful laugh

E
stranger
stranger
E
Originally Posted by Eugen
Confirming and updating quests in journal:

3) "The Tribe of Saheila"
No way to complete it without leaving the island - that's a mistake in game design.

5) "Withermoore's Soul Jar"
Quest is not closed after dealing with the Withermoore's soul jar.
If it's an issue regarding this info: Lord Withermoore will come back to you one last time to unlock the barrier door inside Braccus Rex fortress and thus mark the quest as complete
I've opened that barrier with the source, saw no Withermoore, quest is not closed.

3) is not meant to be completed on the island, so it's working as intended.

5) Withermoore only appears if you try to unlock the barrier when you don't have any source, quest completes after that. Not sure if it should close in a different manner if you don't need his help, so it could be bugged but it could also be working as intended.

journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by ecogen

3) is not meant to be completed on the island, so it's working as intended.

5) Withermoore only appears if you try to unlock the barrier when you don't have any source, quest completes after that. Not sure if it should close in a different manner if you don't need his help, so it could be bugged but it could also be working as intended.

3) Saheila acting wrong.
5) Quest is still active after I've done everything right.

journeyman
journeyman
[Linked Image]
Yeah, right.

C
enthusiast
enthusiast
C
The bounty on mommy dearest (you hand in the quest at Paladins in act 2) is bugged, the quest doesnt conclude and the dialogue is skipped, no rewards either.

J
stranger
stranger
J
there are some posts on the steam forums with similar issues
some guy cald "the interpreter" claims they are working on a patch for this week that would solve these
see " http://steamcommunity.com/app/435150/discussions/6/3223871682615945629/?tscn=1505902597 "

i however was not able to find a response from larian claiming this and i have asked him where are his statements coming from but so far he has not bin responding to me

and id like to bump aswell for myself
imprisoned elf and The Arena of Fort Joy are stuck as stated above for me aswell
i stopped playing after this, il wait for a fix

larian if ur reading this please fix fast, i want to continue playing :'(

Last edited by jcphoenix; 21/09/17 11:55 AM.
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by jcphoenix
there are some posts on the steam forums with similar issues
some guy cald "the interpreter" claims they are working on a patch for this week that would solve these
see " http://steamcommunity.com/app/435150/discussions/6/3223871682615945629/?tscn=1505902597 "

i however was not able to find a response from larian claiming this and i have asked him where are his statements coming from but so far he has not bin responding to me

and id like to bump aswell for myself
imprisoned elf and The Arena of Fort Joy are stuck as stated above for me aswell
i stopped playing after this, il wait for a fix

larian if ur reading this please fix fast, i want to continue playing :'(

Yes, yes, HERE as well.

R
rheia Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
R
There has been an update today (just downloaded, no patch notes up yet, guess too early :P) But... I had a save handy with the party in act 1 in Saheila's cave with Amyro before talking to her that we rescued him .... and IT CLOSED properly! Woo.

Hope it means that the others are fixed as well!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard