Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
F
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
F
So have this very odd and persistent bug with Fane...

After using his shapeshifting mask atr the end of Act 1, he started to act a bit odd:

- Sometimes keeping the green shimmer from the transformation permanently[/b]

- Refusing to talk when the above happened, stating "not now" etc, so I assumed he as stuck in the transformation, and usually casting the spell again would make him functional

Then all of a sudden his character model, in all five versions of him, becomes a skeleton with some frizzy hair - but he is completely purple (which I know is often the base model without the textures, have seen similar bugs in Skyrim).

What is even odder is that his portrait will either lock to his purple skeletal form, or as a completely new purple human male - and it's not a purple version of the unarmored human he becomes when using the mask-spell, but a dude in half-profile, with armor on his neck/shoulder, and a mustache. I cant make this shit up!

Now it's gotten to the point where he is completely impossible to interact with; always saying "not now" or "later" when you try and engage him.

Has anyone had similar problems? I've searched all over, and I can't find anyone else that has had these issues.

(reloading,exiting game, restarting computer, loading earlier saves etc - nothing resolves the problem, he now seems permanently broken in my game)

F
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
F
Bump so that devs can see this and fix game-breaking bugs...

F
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
F
Here is a screenshot of the poor fellow:
https://imgur.com/a/MIYFJ

Last edited by Fellucor; 23/09/17 09:50 AM.
F
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
F
Do the devs not even read posts in their own forum?

F
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
F
Great support, Larian... ZzzZzzZzz...

Support
Support

Please email supportdos2@larian.com, with a description (or link to this topic), your latest save and a save earlier in the game when this first started (or a Dropbox or Google drive link, etc).

Each save is a folder in the '..\Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin 2\PlayerProfiles\<ProfileName>\Savegames\Story' folder.
In Windows Explorer you can zip file(s) and folder(s) by right clicking on it/them and selecting 'Send To | Compressed (zipped) Folder'.

G
stranger
stranger
G
Originally Posted by Fellucor

What is even odder is that his portrait will either lock to his purple skeletal form, or as a completely new purple human male - and it's not a purple version of the unarmored human he becomes when using the mask-spell, but a dude in half-profile, with armor on his neck/shoulder, and a mustache. I cant make this shit up!

Now it's gotten to the point where he is completely impossible to interact with; always saying "not now" or "later" when you try and engage him.

Has anyone had similar problems? I've searched all over, and I can't find anyone else that has had these issues.

Yes, I had this bug as well. I solved it by going to the mirror on the Lady Vengeance and trying to change his appearance. It resets his portrait and makes him all bonely again.

I don't know if this will fix the "not now" issue you are receiving. I remember having him as a companion and being unable to talk to him until I turned off the effects of the mask. Have you tried putting down the mask from his character? I would try these things if I were you:

- switch the mask for a different head piece without performing the spell that gets rid off the mask changes
- switch the mask for a different head piece and using the spell before removing it
- getting rid of the mask entirely from his inventory
- dropping the mask from anyone's inventory
- using the mask on a different characters (yes, the Undead race isn't the only one that can use the mask)

Just try any of those and maybe other combinations to get rid of the effect of the mask on Fane, because it seems like he is using the mask for you with or without it being properly enabled.

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard