Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hey there,

Since my game decided to completely flip its poop during the finale (yay...) as described in detail here:

http://larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=624522#Post624522

I wanted to ask if someone got to see what ACTUALLY SHOULD happen if you decide to surrender your source to Lucian and Dallis. In my case it made no sense whatsoever:

- Since in my game nothing happens after choosing to surrender the source, I have to attack Braccus or Dallis (right click+attack, fight does not start) until the second phase triggers.

- Since Lucian and co are all alive, they help me fight Braccus and Kraken as yellow allies.

- I kill Braccus while keeping everyone else alive: both my companions but also Lucian and Dallis.

And this is where it all starts to make zero sense: despite Lucian and Dallis still being alive, my character still gets to chose whatever he wants to do with the Divinity, no questions asked by Lucian/Dallis who stand right next to me.

Is this how it plays out even without the bug? If so, why would they suddenly let you freely choose what to do when they were hell bend on their objective and would sacrifice ANYTHING for it to happen just a second ago? And finally I'm curious what is actually supposed to happen when you pick the option to surrender your source to Lucian at the beginning of the encounter.

Would appreciate if someone could share what happened in their game. Cheers!

Last edited by vometia; 01/10/17 02:59 PM. Reason: formatting
journeyman
journeyman
I had a similar experience. The difference is that if I agred to surrender it, then Braccus would reveal himself, and Lucian and Dallis would join my side and the fight would immediately commence. What is more bizarre is that if I REFUSED to surrender my source... then no one would do anything and I could freely wander around. I was forced to force attack Braccus until he went hostile, and then the battle would begin. That makes zero sense, that I would refuse to be purged, and then Lucian and Dallis would say, "Oh, okay. Well, just wander around and do as you wish... and, btw, if you would like to attack our slave... have fun!"

It does seem crazy that you can just ignore Lucian and Dallis and assume divinity if you want... but, I didn't even try to take that option, so don't know what would have happened had I done that.

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Originally Posted by michaelgalt1984
I had a similar experience. The difference is that if I agred to surrender it, then Braccus would reveal himself, and Lucian and Dallis would join my side and the fight would immediately commence. What is more bizarre is that if I REFUSED to surrender my source... then no one would do anything and I could freely wander around. I was forced to force attack Braccus until he went hostile, and then the battle would begin. That makes zero sense, that I would refuse to be purged, and then Lucian and Dallis would say, "Oh, okay. Well, just wander around and do as you wish... and, btw, if you would like to attack our slave... have fun!"

It does seem crazy that you can just ignore Lucian and Dallis and assume divinity if you want... but, I didn't even try to take that option, so don't know what would have happened had I done that.

Interesting, looks like for you it is the other option that bugs out exactly like mine did. So I guess if you surrender and game doesn't bug out, it is just straight into the phase 2 fight with the Kraken and all that? Thanks for replying!

R
Ryz Offline
stranger
stranger
R
Originally Posted by michaelgalt1984

That's definitely a bug. In my game Dallis pretty much says they'll get me to cooperate by force if necessary and then they attack me. Phase 2 will then trigger once either Rex or Dallis is low enough on health. My main bug in that fight is losing my revered buff if anyone goes upstairs.

Last edited by Ryz; 02/10/17 05:27 AM.

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard