Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
N
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
N
I'm running Steam version, 2.0.119.430 on Windows 10. My leader ranger got a permanent warm status while running the fire areas near the Cyseal church, somewhere between entering the area and reaching the Silverglen road waypoint.
Yeah I can fall back to a save and run the area again; it would be nice if this didn't happen again. Anything I can do to salvage the 'warm' ranger save or prevent it from happening again?

N
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
N
OK - reran from unbugged save. Cleared the fire area and came out without permanent 'warm'. Onwards ...

Support
Support

In case someone finds this in a search:

The main cause of environmental status effects possibly becoming permanent was fixed in one of the last updates, but there was a rarer trigger for this, not evident in the saves displaying this problem at the time. The cause of that has been determined, but unfortunately there is no ETA for when another game update may be released, and it can not be fixed directly from the save itself.

The easiest fix would be to install the Status Influence Removal mod, load the save, resave once the status is removed (within a couple seconds), exit the game and remove the mod.

Other than that, the only permanent workaround I know of is having Geomancer level 5 for the Weatherproof talent.
If you're playing on Windows, you can use CheatEngine to do this. For the install you would either need to uncheck some extra 'offers', or install it while offline. There is also a no-install rar file on the downloads page. If you don't already have an archive manager that can handle rar files, try the freeware 7-Zip.

Here is a CheatEngine table I downloaded from this topic (broken link) when it was still available. It wasn't updated for the latest version of the game, but works for what I've tried with it (adjusting abilities and talents).

Start the game and load a save, open the table (I just extracted it into the CheatEngine install folder), click the 'Select a process to open' button at the top left (highlighted with a flashing box cycling between red and green), select EoCApp.exe (preceded by a hex number, ie 00001FD0-EoCApp.exe) and click the Open button and then Yes. In the bottom list, select Hero Pointers, then go through Hero 1 to 4 to identify the right character. There is an 'Upgrade Points' section where you can add attribute, ability and talent points, and sections for each of those where you can remove/adjust values. Double click the value to change, and when you are done, switch back to the game to save/load (some things take effect immediately, character changes require a save/load to get them to show up in-game).

If you can not select the boxes at the bottom in CheatEngine, exit the program and the game and start over. That happened to me a couple times. There may be an easier fix, but I haven't used CheatEngine enough to bother trying anything else.

If you have a problem with this, or are playing in OSX or Linux, you can email supportdos@larian.com, with your latest save (or a Dropbox or Google drive link, etc), and I can return a modified save.
Each save is a folder in the '..\Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition\PlayerProfiles\<ProfileName>\Savegames_patch' folder.

Moderated by  gbnf, Issh, Kurnster, Larian_QA, LarSeb, Monodon, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard