Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
If you do, she declares war... if you flee and come back, she declares war again...

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
I'm assuming her illness is self-inflicted or illusory to keep the magisters away from her, so I figure she isn't best pleased if you rid her of it...

J'aime le fromage.
She tells you very politely she does not want to be cured; a real hero respects autonomy.

Trap Strats: DOS1:EE? Cheese - DOS2? Mashed potatoes - Proper nutrition is key to dungeon delving.
apprentice
apprentice
She clearly stated she didn't want to be cured in Early Access version, like as if she wanted to die from the illness (she sells necromancer books which thematically speaking, and connecting all the dots from the character behavior and the conversations would imply she is fascinated with death. If i remember the conversations with her also implied that was the case) and would also get hostile if you healed her disease. If memory serves, she would go "noo what have you done!" and lose attitude / turn hostile if healed.

Now with the game release her dialogs and character seems to have gotten slightly toned down from that self-inflicting personality, i assume some small form of censorship (but maybe i'm reading too much into it) but it seems there are still hints of the original concept.

Last edited by 3lackrose; 07/10/17 12:58 PM.
OP Offline
Removed

Last edited by AngeliusMefyrx; 08/10/17 12:08 PM.
OP Offline
Thanks vometia and 3lackrose for your input,

Id agree that it must have tone down....which can lead to believe that she feels hopeless and therefor is content to follow the path that lies ahead of her....

Blessing her should give her the possibility of a new path....

Anyway if she wants to die, she can simply cut her wrist...

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by AngeliusMefyrx

Blessing her should give her the possibility of a new path....

Anyway if she wants to die, she can simply cut her wrist...

Okay, to be clear, this is a video game made in the early 21st century, not a game which has traveled back in time from the 24th century. It was programmed by human beings, it is not managed by a highly advanced artificial intelligence which reacts to your every action on the fly. Each and every single action and reaction has to be programmed into the game by very very busy human programmers and scripters. That means that not every single possible interaction you can think of, for every possible scenario, is going to be present in the actual game.

Additionally, these are not actually real people, but artificial constructs. Casting a spell on them does not give them "the possibility of a new path", nor can they up and decide to spontaneously cut their wrists.

I feel that I have to mention this to you, so

OP Offline
Lol

We all know that this is a game, and accross the game, there is a multitude of quest and action/reaction that have been scripted by a human being that will lead to different output to enhanced the game experience. The more realistic behavior, the better...

Now we all know that blessing will remove her diseased and it was programmed this way....while just healing her does nothing...
Why is so.....because someone has programmed the game this way...
People here have implied that her text have been tone down too...
Maybe there is a story behind this or not... even if its only a small one

It wouldnt have been of a discussion if blessing wouldnt save her....and would be states that it is incurable....but it does...

Doesnt need to be something big, she could of said thank you and blahblah...the end...few xp and thats it....takes about 20 minutes to program...

Last edited by AngeliusMefyrx; 08/10/17 12:04 PM.
"A dying man needs to die, as a sleepy man needs to sleep, and there comes a time when it is wrong, as well as useless, to resist."

Trap Strats: DOS1:EE? Cheese - DOS2? Mashed potatoes - Proper nutrition is key to dungeon delving.
OP Offline
Originally Posted by CatR
"A dying man needs to die, as a sleepy man needs to sleep, and there comes a time when it is wrong, as well as useless, to resist."

Makes me wonder if you would say the same thing being stroke by terminal cancer at your age.... If you would agree to that miracle remedy that would cure yourself...

Last edited by AngeliusMefyrx; 08/10/17 06:34 PM.
D
enthusiast
enthusiast
D
Cast Fortify,that will save Mona and she will reward you with....lots of gratitude.

Moderated by  gbnf 

Link Copied to Clipboard