Print Thread
#630019 12/10/17 01:04 AM
W
WMC51 Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
W
click bait. It's not as bad as it sounds.

There are some great maps out there modders have made. I am using a few of them for quest lines.

Lets say the town has a few messed up buildings before the quest. I want to make a second copy of the map where the buildings are fixed the next visit after completion.

I probably wont figure out how to fix the buildings anyways but I cant figure out how to get the workshop levels to load in the editor.

I have no plans to re-upload any mods as my own but will post the modified version if requested by the original modder.

W
WMC51 Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
W
well that didn't work.

Last edited by WMC51; 12/10/17 01:18 AM.
S
stranger
stranger
S
Now keep in mind, there are a LOT of different ways to do things in the editor. This isn't the only way to do it, but this is probably how I would.

Create two levels, one for intact, one for messed up.

Go into the map you already have ready, and select everything. Hold shift, and pull the whole map upwards--waaaay upwards--until you've got two copies, one on top of the other, but far enough up that you wouldn't know it's floating up there.

Then just fix up the copy to look how you want, and presto. When you need people to move between it, have a door or something lead to the new version of the town, and have all of your actors set to teleport to a new, corresponding place.

That way, you have everything all on one level, and it's easy enough to switch back and forth without opening a separate level.

W
WMC51 Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
W
I'm planning on going much summer. Just make two separate copies of the mayo. One pre quest and one post.

I just can't find the maps from the workshop in the editor. That's what I'm working on.

addict
addict
Hey WMC51 smile

There's already a guide for that with some good information on how to get other people's mods opened in the editor. You can find it here. As mentioned there, do keep in mind to notify the original creator if you want to use the mod in any public way smile

Sincerely,
Kevin

CTRL+K the elf
W
WMC51 Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
W
All your mods are belong to me now!

F
enthusiast
enthusiast
F
Originally Posted by Larian_KVN
There's already a guide for that with some good information on how to get other people's mods opened in the editor. You can find it here.

Note that you won't be able to view any of the stats in the Stat Editor.

Moderated by  Larian_KVN 

Link Copied to Clipboard