Print Thread
E
Enoro Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
E
Hello!
I've been dabbling in creating some new levels for a one-off campaign I'm making for some friends to have some fun in and came upon a problem. After placing some rubble (which represents burnt down buildings) and putting some still burning rubble inside of that I wanted to add an actual fire effect. After not being able to just apply the surface thing, I found the Effect Editor and made myself a nice fire particle effect. I saved it, pressed compile effect and now...
I don't know how to put the effect into the scene. I've been looking for a button to do that for about 20 minutes now, and I am absolutely convinced it's right in front of me and I just don't see it. Now I just gave up.
Please help me put that effect into the world!
(I also wasn't able to put any Larian made effects in either, I just don't know how...)

old hand
old hand
FYI - You posted this in the forums for D:OS rather than DOS:2 and this looks like a DOS:2 question since you could never create visual effects in D:OS.

You will need to create a new effect resource through the content browser. Then you will need to create a new placed effect in the root template panel and assign the new visual effect resource accordingly.

I would ask a mod to move this post to the General Mod Forums for DOS:2.

DOS2 Mods: Happily Emmie After and The Noisy Crypt

Steam Workshop
Nexus Mods
E
Enoro Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
E
Thank you very much! This is gonna make my campaign so much better :D

Edit: Everything worked fine until I discovered I couldn't press the "Ok" button in the AddResourceWizard Rename/Move window. Learning a new engine is always a bit embarassing :P

Edit 2.0: In the Root Template I don't see the option to create a placed effect. I'll probably need an entire walkthrough :ouch:

Last edited by Enoro; 07/10/17 09:12 AM.
E
Enoro Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
E
[quote=Enoro] Thank you very much! This is gonna make my campaign so much better :D

Edit: Everything worked fine until I discovered I couldn't press the "Ok" button in the AddResourceWizard Rename/Move window. Learning a new engine is always a bit embarassing :P

Edit 2.0: In the Root Template I don't see the option to create a placed effect. I'll probably need an entire walkthrough :ouch: [/quote]

push

Link Copied to Clipboard