Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
R
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
In the atmosphere editor, there is an option to "enable skydome". Is this the same thing as a skybox? I'm trying to make it so the sky does not appear black in game. Would anyone be able to help me with this?

addict
addict
Hey RobertG117,

that seems to be an obsolete option that wasn't removed smile I'll see to it that it doesn't cause any more confusion.

If we want to use a skybox, we make a Root Template and manually place that around the appropriate part of our level.

We have a few examples of that. If you search in the Root Template Panel you'll find for example ATM_temple_Imp_Skydome_A. Do mind, these are special material we designed to make it look like there's a lot of depth in there.

If you want to make a basic one yourself. Make a copy of one of the defaults. F.e. ATM_Skydome_A and assign it a custom Visual Resource ID. These can be found in the Resource Manager. For this again, I would suggest making a copy of one of the existing ones like ATM_Skydome_A. Then double click the resource and change the Material.

Sincerely,
Kevin

CTRL+K the elf

Moderated by  Larian_KVN 

Link Copied to Clipboard