Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
N
journeyman
journeyman
N
I answered, in several ways, why that argument doesn't hold any ground, at all.

If that is the intention, it should be changed to the paradox way of obtaining achievements (Ironman only and with a checksum on files).

I see what your intentions are with the meta-value argument. But with the way it is implemented in Divinity it does not work to that purpose, at all.

Unless, of course, one is willing to argue why mods are a problem and save game editing/sharing isn't to that meta-value argument (among several other listed arguments, which are both easier and "cheatier").

So in other words. While yes, one can give achievements some "meta-value", and it would justify blocking achievements with mods, that is absolutely not the case in divinity, not with the current implementation. The current implementation doesn't care at all if your files are modded (loose files work by the way) the game only creates a problem if you use the ingame mod menu, in which case it doesn't care if there are mechanical changes or only quality of life changes. There is no checksum, and the game doesn't care if the save is yours or if your files are original.

Last edited by NeoAnubis; 19/10/17 03:28 PM.
veteran
veteran
Still does not change the fact, that even without a mod you can always easily exploit the game mechanics to achieve the desired achievements.

OP Offline
Originally Posted by The Composer

Precisely! I recognize the intent to protect the meta-value of achievements. Which was the point of my suggestion, because not all mods affect how easy/hard it is to obtain mods. If anything, they're material to potentially add more achievement opportunities.

What? I just woke up, but that reads like gibberish.

"...[N]ot all mods affect how [hard] it is to obtain mods."

Lol, huh? The restrictions are stupid and serve no purpose other than to irritate people. It's not worth it, it's not fun, and it's certainly not justified; despite any rationalizations you guys can cook up.

Originally Posted by KentDA

Yes, a good middle ground would be "flag" certain mods that would say prevent you from getting Achievements.

I personally could care less about most Achievements, but I do understand WHY there is an obsession with getting them.

That's not a good middle ground.

You know what that is? That's a bunch of unnecessary micromanaging of other people's fun in the name of protecting nothing for no reason.

Most other companies do not do this.
I do not need mods to cheat.
I do not need Larian (or whomever) telling me how to play this game I paid for.
I don't need them punishing me for using a mod to stop the incessant ****ing items going to my ****ing hot-bar and ruining my experience on a consistent ****ing basis. Kkthx. smile

Last edited by Alexstrasza; 20/10/17 06:09 AM.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  gbnf 

Link Copied to Clipboard