Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
ON HOLD:
I underestimated the size of this big time and will never be able to finish this in time for my campaign, so I started something smaller.
I will still finish this.
Someday.

Inspired by this picture of Castle Lichtenstein (not to be confused with Liechtenstein Castle or the country Liechtenstein) I decided this was going to be my first "true" area months before DOS2 even was released.
[Linked Image]

The plan is to add a small town, some surrounding farms and a couple of fishermen huts at the shore of a lake.
It is going to take some time before it will be as beautifull as it's source of inspiration.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Redunzgofasta; 05/12/17 06:12 PM. Reason: status changed to on hold

My GM Add-ons on Steam.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Yeah go for it. I love it already. Though really prefer the bright wall version of ghe original.

I wonder what would be the easiest way to whiten the castle stone textures. If there was a way via material editor to brighten a texture. This was saving some effort, to brighten all individuel textures via Photoshop by hand ( though might be the castle items are referencing all to one or two trxtures only)

I remember, with NWN2 there was a RGB tint mask, each channel for up to 3 different colors. Though you could create a blank white tintmap texture where in game setting for each channel white, it would eventually multiply and brighten the texture.

A similar solution would be nice for DOS2.

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
It would be awesome indeed if we could paint our buildings. I would love to have that tower too!

I increased the area size a bit. Gonna fiddle with the waterfall and river today and place some more buildings around to get an idea of the town, farms and fishermen huts and the general layout of the level.

[Linked Image]

My GM Add-ons on Steam.
M
M
wow amazing. Would LOVE to add this to my Adventure at some point smile

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Haven't been able to do much, but here is a small update.
[Linked Image]

Last edited by Redunzgofasta; 25/10/17 07:01 PM.

My GM Add-ons on Steam.
Looking really cool. I like the way the water goes around the many rocks. Love it.

regarding rocks. In the left of the picture I notice some big rocks. Did you resize? I noticed that if i make a rock bigger than 1.5 it looks "fuzzy" when I zoom out.

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Thanks Tiqon. Still some work to do at the waterfall though. Adding splashes etc.
About the rocks. I am mainly using NAT_Rock_Square_B_Moss scaled between 1 and 4 there. Even at 4 I'd say the rocks still look acceptable, especially when you add some vegetation to them to cover up the ugliest parts laugh

My GM Add-ons on Steam.
enthusiast
enthusiast
I love the waterfalls.

One question. Are you combining the waterfall items with river items? If yes, did you find anything matching the darker greenish color of the waterfalls out of the box? Or did you make via a new root template a mixture of greenish waterfall texture and river/water plain. For a short piece i even rotated the waterfall and used it as a river, which has kind of too convex surface though.

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Thanks morez. I had the same issue with the waterfall as you and even tried the same thing creating a river out of waterfall pieces and then I found: RS3_FX_ST_Waterfall_Medium_03
It matches the river perfectly!
[Linked Image]

My GM Add-ons on Steam.
old hand
old hand
Love what you're doing here. You really churn out high quality stuff at a remarkable pace.

DOS2 Mods: Happily Emmie After and The Noisy Crypt

Steam Workshop
Nexus Mods
Originally Posted by Redunzgofasta
Thanks Tiqon. Still some work to do at the waterfall though. Adding splashes etc.
About the rocks. I am mainly using NAT_Rock_Square_B_Moss scaled between 1 and 4 there. Even at 4 I'd say the rocks still look acceptable, especially when you add some vegetation to them to cover up the ugliest parts laugh

Hmm ok. Well here I have tried to make one (the same I think without the moss) 4.0 size. See when I zoom out the fuzzy stuff I talk about. Yours does not look like that on the picture, but maybe you dont zoom so far out? I know that does not matter when you play... but still... it bugs me.

1. pic Zoomed ind
2. pic zoomed out.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
That most likely has to do with your atmosphere settings, either the one you work with orthe one assigned to the level. My rocks look like that too with the default atmosphere. (I think it is the default one)

My GM Add-ons on Steam.
Thanks for the answer, but that did not do anything. I played around with both atmosphere and lights (I had more lights sources so I could see what I was doing). When I click the rock when zoomed out it focuses again and it looks fine, Even if I select rock around it, it looks fine, but deselect all and it goes back to fuzzy. Oh well. I'll ask in a thread somewhere else. I don't want to highjack your thread smile.

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
When I zoom out far enough my rocks get blurry too. Guess it's the zoom and not the atmosphere after all.
Didn't have much time the past few days so didn't do much again, but as per usual my levels tend to get a life of their own when I am building them. The original plan changed a bit. The level will be a small coastal city laugh

[Linked Image]

My GM Add-ons on Steam.
journeyman
journeyman
Shaping up quite good there!

We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents. - Bob Ross
M
M
nice - i think you should raise the terrain of the castle - so its more higher up and the castle as big (in terms of size ) as the port. Exited!

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Thanks guys.
I think the screenshot doesn't give a good view of height and size @monzua
The castle is almost as big as the port, maybe even a bit bigger smile
I totally apreciate the feedback though!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

My GM Add-ons on Steam.
M
M
wow hehe you are right! :))

enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
Oh oh, this city is going to be big with a B.
[Linked Image]

My GM Add-ons on Steam.
M
M
Nice. I like how the mountainous desert is slowly turned into a beautiful city, with lush vegetation.
Do you have an overall idea of what you want in the city (tavern, marketplace, temple/church, blacksmiths/workshops, fancy and poor neighnourhoods, barracks, parks and so on), or do you build it more organic and make things up as you go along?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard