Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
veteran
veteran
Hello everyone,

We’re working hard on our next update, fixing issues that have been reported and improving the gameplay where needed. While we don’t have a specific date just yet, it should be releasing sometime next week!

Changes will include:

Improvements to mod support within the game. Mod sync issues, duplications and situations where mods would not update correctly should now be resolved.
A large overhaul in GM mode Music and Mood panel. Plus we added support for multiple regions on the same level.
The Tarquin bug fix (previously fixed in Patch 3 for new games) will now also apply to existing save games.
A bug which caused the tooltips for inventory items to flash has been fixed.
We added more journal entries that cover some of the more unusual choices you can make during gameplay. (Though we did not cover the killing of Alexandar with a painting)
And lots, lots more!

The full list consists of over 500 items bullet points which is why it’s taking us a bit of time to test. Follow us here or on twitter/facebook to keep apprised of when we launch the patch and remember to leave feedback in the forums! It’s where we get our inspiration from for things to include in the next updates.

The Larian Team

For those yelling for a sound from Larian.

IF
PlayerIsYelling(TRIGGERGUID_Internet_84754-3dgY-14MD4MP)
THEN
InsertLink(" Sounds about incoming patch ",1);

S
journeyman
journeyman
S
Just want do a show case for my current solo lone wolf mage run on tactician, the combat logs show my skill usage. lone wolf feels so strong that I kinda want to play a glass cannon run now, perhaps after they fix the blood rose elixir bug.

Let me know if anyone have any question regarding how to get past certain fights, the only thing I couldn't kill was the winter dragon because of it's magic armor regeneration.

And Idk why this thread was merged here, I wanted it as an individual post so I could link to others but oh well.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Last edited by sfzrx; 21/10/17 04:12 AM.
H
stranger
stranger
H
Originally Posted by omegazen
Originally Posted by sfzrx
too easy even on tactician

Just curious, when does it get easy on LW? Like A2 I assume?

I tried a LW run on tactician(2 ppl) to try the summoner hype and I really didn't understand what it was all about. Seemed like the only thing you could really do in A1 was bait enemies into coming back to town to get everyone to help on a fight or just keep running while you whittle down 1 guy, because there was no way you could take a group by yourself.. so I quit. Never got the point of that game mode, just seemed like a giant chore or tedious job.

"Easy" is going to vary from player to player. If you know roughly what skills to buy (or steal) and how damage calculation works, Lone Wolf turns Tactician into easy mode from Act 1, level 1.

Damage is calculated as follows:

Damage = (Base Damage) * (1 + Elemental Bonus%) *
(1 + Attribute Bonus% + Weapon Skill Bonus% + Misc Bonuses%) * (1 + High Ground Bonus% + Crit Bonus%)

A reddit user called asurreptitiousllama figured this out from testing in GM mode. Warfare is the "physical" Elemental Bonus%.

At any given point in the game, you only need to deliver enough damage per action point so that enemies at equivalent level can't hurt you before you kill them.

Lone Wolf gets double attribute and combat points and +2 action points per turn making their damage potential enormous at every level compared to a party of 4.

You can get the multiplication train going much, much earlier than any single character in a 4 player party.

Assuming you make an effort to complete all quests and discover all locations, a 4 player party is going to be over levelled somewhere around mid to late act 2.

Whats the earliest you can get the multiplication pain train going? This depends on pseudo random loot generation or the player's attempt to manipulate it.

If you tried to do everything in act 1, you will be around level 9 when you start act 2. At this point, over half of your combat points and about one third of your attribute points can come from gear.

In reality, its very unlikely you will have +2 warfare/+1 scoundrel on every gear slot that can roll both mods for your Rogue, but it is possible to manipulate loot generation with save/reload.

So back to Lone Wolf. If you duo Lone Wolf having already played act 1 and 2 before, you know what skills to buy/steal, you know how damage calculation works and you manipulate loot drops via save scumming to bring your stats up as early as possible, the entire game is ez mode on Tactician.

If you go single Lone Wolf or party of 4, blind playthrough, you don't know what skills are good, you don't have thievery or lucky charm, you don't know how damage calculation works and you get terrible loot rng, then sure, you can get wrecked.

The key is knowing what Lone Wolf enables you to do if you can get your damage numbers above a critical threshold where they get multiplied into enormous numbers. Once you figure it out and the most efficient way to deliver that damage via skills, then nothing is difficult.

Like Pillars of Eternity and so many other games of this type, its easy when you know how and difficult if you don't.

Last edited by Hayte; 21/10/17 11:42 AM.
M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
i wouldn't get too worked up over a rumour

that being said, in general, big over-arching nerfs are a bad sign

M
stranger
stranger
M
Would be awesome if they just removed the doubling of Attribute points and Skill points. I think that is completely unnecessary, and it's ultimately the problem with lone wolf. 30% to your defensive skills could also be made into 20% and +2AP could also be made into +1AP.

Keep in mind, these changes would still keep the game relatively trivial for an experienced player, but would make a hell of a tough run for a blind playthrough.

F
enthusiast
enthusiast
F
I've learned people imagine nerfs just so they can complain about something. One benefit of having the game data in version control is I can look up anything to see what changed, and 99.9% of the time someone cries "nerf!", nothing did. To be fair, sometimes they're right to complain but their conclusion is wrong, and the problem is not a nerf but a bug or change to another system.

Games are extremely complex - often the most complex software that exists - and they have many interconnected parts; changing any part, whether for fixes or enhancements, can have sometimes unforeseen consequences for seemingly unrelated systems.

T
stranger
stranger
T
i'm thinking warfare is the culprit and not lonewolf ; just a thought.

*my lonewolves mages aren't noticing as much OPness compared to my dual knights lonewolves.

Playing knights really felt cheesy as hell.

ultimate cheese:
-dual lonewolves knights
-custom human and ifan (100%encourage uptime and free petpal talent)
-whatever needed to get skills and the rest all in warfare while trying to keep 2handed at least at 50% of what your warfare is
-no tactic required, charge in and dish it out.
-without much thoughts into it every enemy is knocked down if by any chance it didn't die from one hit.
-yawn while stuff instagibs and wonder if you wouldn't be having more fun with mages and actual tactics in a mode that's called tactician...

Last edited by teksuo; 24/10/17 06:15 AM.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard