Next Thread
Print Thread
#632759 22/10/17 02:22 AM
R
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
Hello, I'm a new Divinity player and I need some advice on some problems I've encountered/caused inside the game.
I'm actually on investigation for the murder of the counsellor,
but trying to access some closed areas of the game (i.e. the mayor apartments), I triggered the hostility of the related npcs and I killed them. For now I've killed the obituary warden and the mayor himself. Have I screwed the story? Am I able to go on in the main quest? I'm quite new to this kind of rpgs, I'm used to quicker action games and the slow paced ones are a little tough for me. I don't want spoilers, I just hope I'll be able to go on with the game without restarting a new one.

R
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
Well, not a good start...

R
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
34 views and not half an answer. Great.

A
addict
addict
A
You can even extend this 'tragedy' to the whole town and will still be able to continue the story. There's a lot of freedom in this game.

My mods for DOS 1 EE: FasterAnimations - QuietDay - Samaritan
R
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
[quote=Abraxas]You can even extend this 'tragedy' to the whole town and will still be able to continue the story. There's a lot of freedom in this game. [/quote]
Thank you very much! I'm glad to read it! :party:

Last edited by Riccardo; 25/10/17 07:19 PM.
Hint: Next time you find yourself in a fight you don't want, you can try to flee with the correspondent icon at the right edge of the screen. Without the Escapist talent, though, you'll have to move away some distance from the enemies first.

Raban #633601 26/10/17 05:02 AM
C
Bugfinder General
Bugfinder General
C
Won't they just attack the next time they see you?

I was worried the city guard may have been alerted - it wasn't mentioned in the post. While that wouldn't necessarily be game ending, it'd sure be tough so early in the game to defeat even one of them.

Originally Posted by caninelegion
Won't they just attack the next time they see you?

Alas, I don't know, since I never made anyone hostile I didn't want to.

I was worried the city guard may have been alerted - it wasn't mentioned in the post. While that wouldn't necessarily be game ending, it'd sure be tough so early in the game to defeat even one of them.

As was mentioned here before, D:OS is very free in what you can do without breaking the game. That doesn't mean some decisions can't put you into a very unpleasant position, like in real life. E.g. if you're wanted in town, sneaking may be a skill to put points into from now on. wink

All in all, finding out what will happen if you do "bad" things can be fun, and D:OS encourages experimentation. I would suggest that you either continue with this save and see what happens or load a save before the mishap. If you don't have the latter, now would be a good time to start multiple saves.

R
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
Well, it turned out to be an interesting matter! XD
I'm loving the game so far, it looks cool and promising, I just need to get used again to the slow paced development of the story. The last game I played similar to Divinity Original Sin was Baldur's Gate when it had been published for the first time, a lot of years ago.

R
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
------(spoilers ahead!!!)------

Hello, I'm still stuck with the Cyseal murder quest. I've leveled up lurking around the city and exploring the surroundings, but after a while I met Arhu that told me that Cyseal problems were still up, so I decided to return to the city. The problem is in a killing spree I had decimated, a long time ago,many of the quests actors, including the murderous wife of the counselor and her soldier lover. Now there is the yellow marker of the quest stuck in her shop, but there is (as it seems) no further clue in that place I can interact with to progress in that mission. I was clearly a fool to eliminate those characters, so I'm thinking if I should restart the game even if I have reached the Cyseal cathedral and the female enemy sorcerer. Do any of the other players have some advice to solve the mission problem? Or restarting the game is the only solution?

C
Bugfinder General
Bugfinder General
C
I was hoping someone else would try to help you as my memories are so foggy but, well, nodda.

I really think you can continue but at the cost of several side missions. Talking to the wife does trigger a continuation of the mission at some point - I think she says something about the doctors assistant - go talk to her - or something like that. If you killed her before that, you'll miss that part of the mission but I think you can still meet the assistant elsewhere at some later point. There may be things to find to allow this ----

If you decide to go back, rather then restart, do you have a pre-murder rampage save?

R
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
Thank you for answering me. I killed the wife after she told me about the doctor's assistant, and after that I talked to both the doctor and his protegee (the assistant), but then I'm stuck again. That's why I went on rampage. I'm almost sure I went back to talk to the wife(before killing her! :P), but nothing moved on, and that triggered the killing spree. I just remember that I got another stone and stop. Even taking in the group the female source Hunter I met at the tavern didn't help me in any way.

Answering about previous saves, no, I haven't many saves previous the killing spree, and anyhow there is not much before that event in the game story. Cyseal is right at the start of the adventure, I just woudn't like to lose the progress and level ups I made while going on exploring the Cyseal surroundings.

C
Bugfinder General
Bugfinder General
C
Did the doctor say something about checking her room? Did you find a key to her room in the doctor's back room (where the sick people are/were)? Her house is near the doctor's office. The door can be picked but don't let the militia see you do it. There's something in there that is needed to continue I think. She won't be there but is in a hiding place that can be tricky to find as I recall. I think not all is lost and a restart not needed. I just wish I had a clearer memory of the game - been over a year now.

Edit - I just noticed this - I'm thinking the assistant should not have been there after being told to talk to her. The doctor should be a little upset that she is missing and tell you about her home and suggest looking for her there. You might try going back to the doctor again.

Last edited by caninelegion; 22/11/17 02:16 AM.
R
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
I must try to recall, because my memory is not as good as yours, even if I played that part 2 weeks ago :P.
In the meanwhile, I maybe managed to go on yesterday night, because I've reached a shack in which the "White Witch" (accused to be the assassin) has been imprisoned by some sort of inquisitors group, and now I'm searching her in a land beyond the portal lake. This game is really cool, but it's really hard to find the clues in order to go on. It is often unclear what needs to be done and I often stumble on the solution just casually. Thank you for your advices, I'll check in Cyseal in the assistant's room if I missed something, anyway.

Link Copied to Clipboard