Next Thread
Print Thread
A
AegisVS Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
Hey guys, first time posting because I've encountered a problem logging in today after patching the game.

I have a 4player coop group that I run with every weekend, and today after logging in one of our players is missing their equipped single-handed axe. I loaded up all of the saved files (I keep 5 separate manual saves over roughly an hour playtime) and she still has no weapon equipped when she was using it in these fights prior.

The only thing we can guess is that somehow the single-handed axe turned into a two-handed one. She now in her inventory has the exact same axe (stats and all) in a two-handed version. We believe it's the same one because it still has all the same stats (including single-handed +1). I'll attach a picture showing her wearing the single-handed version, and the tooltip of the one we now have. I'm trying to go back through the vods to get a tooltip of the single-handed version when it was looted. Will update if I can find it.

single-handed version https://imgur.com/a/piawC
two-handed tooltip https://imgur.com/a/SeOab

Last edited by AegisVS; 26/10/17 04:37 PM.
C
stranger
stranger
C
Same issue here. Just launched for the first time in a few days, got in a fight, and noticed Red Prince was punching things. Inventory has a 2H Axe named Hanal Lechet. Maybe it was OP as a 1h so they changed it to 2h? Either that or it accidentally got changed. Guess my Prince will have to go fisticuffs for a while :)

K
stranger
stranger
K
Same, Red Prince had a one hander, I think same as yours (Hanal Lechet?), which looks to have transformed into 2H during update.. So he was unequipped. Thought it was pretty powerful for a 1H, but I wasn't complaining!

M
stranger
stranger
M
I'm complaining, because my party is currently not rich by any means and I don't have a good replacement for my main character to Hanal Lechet.

If it was OP, cool, but don't leave me friggin' weaponless due to a balance change. Considering the 2h version in the new patch only sells for around 450 gold, that's pretty lame.

A
AegisVS Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
My thoughts as well. I thought I would bring it up simply because our team is barely getting by with the gold we have and now that we're finally out of Fort Joy so need everything we can get from fight to fight.

Kind of frustrating that the player in my group can't even participate in doing damage now until we find a suitable replacement. Would have been nice if they simply brought the damage down. Still puzzled as to why 'Single-Handed+1' remains on the weapon if it was a balance change.

F
enthusiast
enthusiast
F
Hanal Lechet was always intended to be a 2H weapon. Cleave is generally not on anything but 2H weapons. They also created a _RC_TwoHandedAxes base item and assigned that base to all the other RC uniques. (RC is the region or quest code.) So, it was a bug fix, but they overlooked the bonus.

LSLib Contributor | My Mods: DOS2, DOS2DE | 560K Steam Workshop Subscribers
A
AegisVS Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
Makes sense, but why would they have S-H+1 on a weapon that was intended to be T-H, and then forget to take it off again.

I don't mind hotfixes for balancing, It's just a little frustrating now that since we don't get a lot of time to play (2EU players + 2EST players) and now we have to somehow come up with the gold to replace it, which we definitely don't have. I appreciate the response though! thankyou

EDIT: Been thinking more about it and looking around at vendors for a replacement, I'm seeing cleave damage on other single-handed weapons.. even wands. I mean, they could all be mistakes but I'm not super convinced that we know what it was originally intended as, despite what the asset is labelled.

Example: https://imgur.com/a/JHmwg

Last edited by AegisVS; 27/10/17 03:46 PM.
F
enthusiast
enthusiast
F
You can always make a mod to revert the changes. It would be a fairly trivial first mod.

LSLib Contributor | My Mods: DOS2, DOS2DE | 560K Steam Workshop Subscribers
A
AegisVS Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
Thanks for the input. Not really interested in spending time to make a mod to revert this change, just posting to raise its awareness and as such has been moved to the technical problems forum.

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard