Next Thread
Print Thread
#635374 03/11/17 11:37 AM
T
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
Since the latest patch I've been having this issue http://steamcommunity.com/id/Thommyballs/screenshot/852730823151983927

These black areas appear in every map I've been on since the latest patch, in new and old save games, with and without mods installed/enabled. You can still interact with items and NPC's that are behind the blackness and they show up when you hold alt, but the black areas are permanent. The broken character portrait is new, that only showed up this morning

T
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
Nothing I've tried is stopping this from happening. I've tried fresh installs on each on my harddrives, I've removed every Divinity folder/file/registry. Not using any mods whatsoever. I've even tried pirating the GOG version and installing that but it still has the same problems.

You can still click on and interact with items/NPC's behind the tears but it's a pain in the arse trying to find them sometimes. Not all tooltips will show up and some NPC's won't be highlighted.

Co-op on the ship, Act 1

Waking up

Thieves guild 1

Thieves guild 2

old hand
old hand
Man this looks pretty bizarre. Does the main menu look like this too? Or is this only in-game? Have you tried starting a new game? Could be a corrupted save. You could also try tweaking graphics settings (in-game and in graphics driver settings), and updating your graphics driver.

"We make our choices and take what comes and the rest is void."
T
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
The main menu looks normal initially, but if you select any option then the tearing appears . I've tried new games and new profiles. Tried removing all saves from my PC and starting completely fresh. I've installed the game on 3 different HDD/SSD's, I've tried it with different graphics settings, also updating and rolling back my graphics drivers. This has only been happening since the latest patch. Nothing else has changed, other games/programs work just fine, no issues whatsoever and I've done everything I can possibly think of to confirm this isn't something to do with my PC.
I'm starting to think it must be though, somehow, because I seem to be the only person having the problem.

Last edited by Thom Karnel; 18/11/17 09:11 AM.
old hand
old hand
Probably the only thing left you can try is downloading/installing fresh on another computer, and/or, copy the game folder and paste it into another computer and see what happens. If copy/paste gives you the same problem then it's gotta be something with that installation, maybe the setup files themselves.

"We make our choices and take what comes and the rest is void."
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Thom Karnel
Nothing I've tried is stopping this from happening. I've tried fresh installs on each on my harddrives, I've removed every Divinity folder/file/registry. Not using any mods whatsoever. I've even tried pirating the GOG version and installing that but it still has the same problems.

You can still click on and interact with items/NPC's behind the tears but it's a pain in the arse trying to find them sometimes. Not all tooltips will show up and some NPC's won't be highlighted.

I have an inkling you are using an Nvidia GPU. I have another inkling you've made some changes in the Nvidia control panel. Try reverting to default, or disable any supersampling or transparency aliasing.

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard