Next Thread
Print Thread
A
afonzi Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
TL;DR Reset Brandon's talking points in order to gain tenebrium ability and the troll's bounty quest. Don't doom the player and the party for the rest of the game because of one unfair and uninformed decision

I'm requesting a option to reset NPC Brandon's speech lines to be able to gain the Troll's Bounty quest and more importantly, the party is able to gain the tenebrium ability.

After playing 50 hours of one save game, I realized I accidentally skipped Brandon's request to talk about his requirement, locking in my choice so I can never get his quest. I think this is completely unfair on the player, as a quest this important shouldn't be able to be missed or even not explained to the player beforehand. I get it that the game is based around your choices but still you could always come back to the person and talk again, I don't get it why you can't do that in the game.

All I'm asking, and a lot of people online, is a patch fix or something that enables the player to gain the quest from Brandon. I even thought of a moment you could do that, whilst sticking to the decision-consequence principle. After you clear out the mines, and you can't return, Brandon should reset once you dealt with Lawrence in Silverglen. And if your response is that one player can gain the skill from that other book, that's not enough. It's still extremely unfair to the player and game changing.

Support
Support

The tenebrium ability can also be learned from a book which can be found in Sacred Stone.

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard