Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
I
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I
Greetings all, a new player here, I am hoping Larian Studios will read this post.

I heard great things about DOS:2 this past few months and had never played one before. This past steam winter sale, I and 4 others picked up DOS:EE on sale. We installed a 12 player steam workshop mod to play with the 5 of us. We've been having a absolute blast, and are constantly surprised at the quality, story and humor of this game. Suffice it to say we're eager to play DOS2 once we finish the first one :)

Ok now for the problem, we're almost done the campaign, but we're stuck outside the the door to the source temple. It turned out, we couldn't pass because we did not yet unlock all the portals in the End of Time as it was still under attack because failed to get the 3rd Bloodstone from the NE part of Luculla Forest. We avoided it because the enemies said they were immune (void aura), and because the DOS's quests can be cryptic at times, that prompted our team to maybe come back later. (many times this game starts you on a quest that won't get completed for much later, (ex. Sam's Collar from the quest Kitty Love)

Now we've done our extensive googling. As I understand we cannot proceed because we didn't unlock all the portals in the End of Time. So we went back and made sure to get the 3rd bloodstone from the NE part of the Luculla forest by sneaking past those guys and retreiving the 3rd Bloodstone (seems to be a common problem with players expectations based on similar forum posts) to stop the fireballs from raining down on the End of Time.

This did progress things a bit in the End of Time, but this is where this gets a bit more complicated, so stay with me. As I understand it, the sequence of events is:

- You retrieve the 3rd Bloodstone,
- Return to the End of Time, Talk to Zixzax who unlocks a new portal to the Hall of Heroes and encourages you to leap into the portal, lord knows I've heard him say "I wonder who you'll find here" or something like that.
- You're expected to enter with a Source Hunter as the party lead, talk to Astarte, then come back out and talking to Zixzax should unlock the portal to the Inner Chamber assuming you have the 4th bloodstone for it.
- This time, similarly you enter the Inner Chamber with a Source Hunter, explore around and talk to the demon, and return to the Homesteam.
- Everything should gradually unlock as you portal out and back into the End of time talking to Zixzax each time.

But, I think this is where we have a break in our sequence. Because MUCH earlier on, (I really don't remember) being the curious adventurers we are, somehow when we entered the End of Time, everyone in our party except for Jahan ended in the Homestead, except Jahan (who I was controlling) who was absent and somehow ended up in the Inner Chamber which we hadn't unlocked by that point.

I explored around, obviously I could not talk to any NPC's as Jahan, since you need a Source Hunter, so I gave a teleport Pyramid to the player who was playing one of the source hunters to poke around.

He tells me he talked to a demon, which said some stuff then disappeared, we didn't think much of it, again we didn't know what affect that would happen. We returned to the Homestead from the Hall of Heroes (which we could not return to at this point) and continued on our journey.

Now my theory is Zixzax is telling us to enter the unlocked Hall of Heroes expecting us to return having talked to Astarte (who is no longer there because we already talked to her earlier and therefor we have our sequence break).

Now from what I've read on the forums we have both a similar problem as many others, but also unique. We tried killing Zixzax to see if it'll fix his dialog sequence, but it did not work. It seems like others problems were fixed in a patch that followed or resolved on a case by case bases by sending the Save File (via some Report.Zip file we would send) over to the Devs to possibly resolve.

Being that this game came out a long time ago, I am desperately hoping if the DEVs are still willing or able to resolve our save file so we can continue on our way, our party has played it consistently EVERY evening for about 68 hours and would love to conclude our adventure.

Cheers,
Jahan - the Badass Immortal King

I
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I
I meant the Demon called Trife might be the missing link, not Astarte

I
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
I
Disregard my post, I just sent my report.zip to the devs and they sent me back a fixed save within an hour! Thanks so much!

Moderated by  gbnf, Issh, Kurnster, Larian_QA, LarSeb, Monodon, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard