Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
I
stranger
stranger
I
This happened a couple days ago after putting in over 20 hours.. then I started playing again.. put in another 15 or so hours.. today I log in and no option to continue and no option activated to load a game. That is an entire work week lost already and i'm not sure what to do about it. I only have one profile.. but I did notice you guys put in a debug profile? I've never used it though

C
Bugfinder General
Bugfinder General
C
Did you switch from or to administrator?

S
stranger
stranger
S
I've just encountered this issue. Did anyone find a solution? It crashes when I teleport, move towards the Black Cove, try to save. It's as if the game is corrupted ever since the battle. :/

S
stranger
stranger
S
I've fixed my issue! I had the exact problem as everyone else. My game was installed on my secondary hard drive (7200 RPM HDD). It's as if the hard drive becomes unresponsive in the Black Cove area. I re-installed the game to my primary drive (Solid State Drive) and played the game normally! Absolutely no issues, crashes etc. I'm in the Black Cove now. So happy to have solved this for me, perhaps this could help some others.

Install the game to your primary drive and then copy over your save. Simple fix!

Originally Posted by sevlok
Install the game to your primary drive and then copy over your save. Simple fix!

Thank you for sharing your solution. up

J
stranger
stranger
J
Same issue as others here -- cannot continue / load any of my saved games. This is frustrating as I've invested about 100 hours into the game and got my characters up to Lvl 14 (I was just about to enter the Luculla Mines). I've tried every solution suggested on this thread, but nothing has worked.

I'm gonna put this aside for now and will likely write to Larian tech support to see if there's any other solution that might work.

And a note to the Larian devs -- I wouldn't feel this frustrated if DOSEE wasn't an incredible game! I'd like to jump back in ASAP.

S
stranger
stranger
S
[quote=Juris Storm]I've tried every solution suggested on this thread, but nothing has worked.[/quote]

Is the game installed on to your primary drive? Where your operating system boots from?

J
stranger
stranger
J
At first it wasn't. As mentioned, I've played it that way for nearly 100 hours with no issues -- everything running smoothly. Then I reinstalled the game onto my primary drive and copied the save files into the new Larian sub-folder, but still cannot load.

What exactly happens when you try to load a game? Are there any messages?

J
stranger
stranger
J
No messages or lock-ups. The Continue and Load buttons are simply greyed-out, even though the menu screen shows my current Profile and my saved games are in that Profile folder.

Can you show us the contents of your Profile and Savegames folders?

What is your operation system and D:OS version? (e.g., Steam, GOG, …)

My own Savegames folder's name is "Savegames_patch", not "Savegames" as mentioned earlier in this thread. I don't know why. Please try both names.

You said you tried every solution suggested on this thread. Can you tell us what you did exactly and how? The devil often is in the details.

edit: Did you copy your whole Profile or just the Savegames folder?

Last edited by Raban; 04/11/17 07:56 AM. Reason: see above
Support
Support

One of the last updates for the game changed the save location to 'Savegames_patch', rather than 'Savegames' (still in the '..\Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition\PlayerProfiles\<ProfileName>\' folder).

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  gbnf, Issh, Kurnster, Larian_QA, LarSeb, Monodon, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard