Next Thread
Print Thread
#640774 16/01/18 02:52 AM
G
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
G
Trying a solo run on classic (is that 2nd hardest?) with a two-hander elf physical build. Warfare, Two-hander, some scoundrel and a mix of other. Lots of movement skills from both warfare and scoundrel, extra AP skills. This is really a solo - not the quasi-solo that uses two lone-wolves. Equipment and armor up to current level, but I just get hammered if I engage a group. Mordus' group is a perfect example. Thoughts and suggestions much appreciated.

Y
Y
I think if you solo, it's safe to say that you need to keep several builds in mind and change as needed. Try to analyse the strong and weak points in the Mordus fight and spec accordingly.

Yasen #640873 18/01/18 06:00 AM
G
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
G
Thanks, I really had not thought about a complete re-spec

B
stranger
stranger
B
Originally Posted by Grey Gamer
Trying a solo run on classic (is that 2nd hardest?) with a two-hander elf physical build. Warfare, Two-hander, some scoundrel and a mix of other. Lots of movement skills from both warfare and scoundrel, extra AP skills. This is really a solo - not the quasi-solo that uses two lone-wolves. Equipment and armor up to current level, but I just get hammered if I engage a group. Mordus' group is a perfect example. Thoughts and suggestions much appreciated.

I'm running 2 lone wolves right now on Tactician and it's been fairly smooth sailing so far. Toon 1 is a 2H warrior type with some Necro flare. Toon 2 is an archer that does great damage, but also plays support for my warrior. How you play the game really changes everything. Are you utilizing flesh sacrifice, Adrenaline, and Enrage properly each fight? Are you focusing down enemies or just spreading damage around? Are you wasting ability points on Constitution and Wits? Are you scouting the battlefield before the fight and positioning yourself for success? Are you using teleport to cluster enemies before you use AOE skills? You can be successful in this game with just about any build so long as you take time to understand the available skills and make a viable battle plan.

If you go to the "discussions" section on Steam for this game and the click on "guides" you can search for some build guides. The two I'm utilizing as my inspiration are the "God King" and "Demon Hunter" builds.

G
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
G
BigTerJ - I think I am doing all your suggestions - focus on one kill at a time, flesh sacrifice/Adrenaline for extra action, not using enrage (will look at this), understand battlefield before fight, using teleport to move enemies around or cloak and dagger/pyro leap to move me. I might be "wasting" a few points in wits in order to get first move.

I am running solo - not two LWs, so margin for error is small.

G
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
G
Got it done at lvl 11. Took a couple more reloads and a bit of luck.

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard