Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
123xzcs Offline OP
OP Offline
[Linked Image]

So I set the Lich free from the dungeon under Mordus's house. After that he was nowhere to be found. No hints, no clues, nothing about his location. How was I supposed to find him somewhere in Cloisterwood, without searching for answers online?

When the wiki becomes an indispensable part of the game, something is wrong.

M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
well, i mean, there are only so many places he could have gone - your first (and to be fair, only) hint is the dead magisters on the west part of driftwood (provided you hadn't already killed them). at that point, it's just a matter of looking in that general direction

i agree that it's not a terribly well laid-out quest (if there was ever a thing to that tile puzzle to open the door, i never figured it out, but i never gave it much effort anyway so), but i didn't mind it too much

123xzcs Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by miaasma
well, i mean, there are only so many places he could have gone - your first (and to be fair, only) hint is the dead magisters on the west part of driftwood (provided you hadn't already killed them). at that point, it's just a matter of looking in that general direction

So many places he coiuld've gone??! silly Sometimes the problem with the forum is it's hard to tell if someone is making a joke. Let's see, so after leaving Mordus's house, how many places can I look? Exactly the ENTIRE MAP.

What about some dead magisters in Cloisterwood is supposed to tell me anything about that Lich? What's the connection? Do you understand the issue here? There is NOTHING in the quest log, and nothing in the conversation with the Lich, that gives me any clue as to what the Lich will do next, or where. I could easily have found him somewhere in the Black Pits or Bloodmoon island. So, other than randomly stumbling upon that area in Cloisterwood, there's nothing to point me that way.

i agree that it's not a terribly well laid-out quest (if there was ever a thing to that tile puzzle to open the door, i never figured it out, but i never gave it much effort anyway so), but i didn't mind it too much
Actually that puzzle is probably one of the most cleverly done riddles in the first two acts, and maybe the game. I loved solving it! Once I figured out the patterns of each button, the rest was pressing the required ones to get the desired combination. I'm not going to comment on why you couldn't solve it, but the puzzle was the highlight of that quest, until I was left clueless to the location of the Lich.

I think the quest writer just forgot to add a quest log entry.

Last edited by 123xzcs; 15/01/18 12:14 AM.
M
enthusiast
enthusiast
M
Originally Posted by 123xzcs

So many places he coiuld've gone??! silly Sometimes the problem with the forum is it's hard to tell if someone is making a joke. Let's see, so after leaving Mordus's house, how many places can I look? Exactly the ENTIRE MAP.

What about some dead magisters in Cloisterwood is supposed to tell me anything about that Lich? What's the connection? Do you understand the issue here? There is NOTHING in the quest log, and nothing in the conversation with the Lich, that gives me any clue as to what the Lich will do next, or where. I could easily have found him somewhere in the Black Pits or Bloodmoon island. So, other than randomly stumbling upon that area in Cloisterwood, there's nothing to point me that way..

why such a hostile response? i don't think anything in my post warranted that

the magisters, if you haven't killed them yourself, only die the second the lich escapes, so putting two and two together allows you to surmise the direction he went in. at that point it's just a matter of running down the, what, 3 paths that lead out that way? you're bound to encounter him again if you exit that part of town, and there's enough to do in cloisterwood that you'll likely find him just by accident

seriously, chill out

B
stranger
stranger
B
Originally Posted by 123xzcs

What about some dead magisters in Cloisterwood is supposed to tell me anything about that Lich? What's the connection? Do you understand the issue here? There is NOTHING in the quest log, and nothing in the conversation with the Lich, that gives me any clue as to what the Lich will do next, or where. I could easily have found him somewhere in the Black Pits or Bloodmoon island. So, other than randomly stumbling upon that area in Cloisterwood, there's nothing to point me that way..

why such a hostile response? i don't think anything in my post warranted that

the magisters, if you haven't killed them yourself, only die the second the lich escapes, so putting two and two together allows you to surmise the direction he went in. at that point it's just a matter of running down the, what, 3 paths that lead out that way? you're bound to encounter him again if you exit that part of town, and there's enough to do in cloisterwood that you'll likely find him just by accident

seriously, chill out

Haha, agreed! Seriously, cloisterwood is tiny and takes about 30min to run through. You'd be hard pressed not to run into him even by casually exploring the area. This game is meant to be a little difficult, so don't get upset when they don't hold your hand through every single quest objective.

123xzcs Offline OP
OP Offline
lol
Let me spell it out again: How do I know to look in Cloisterwood, and not, say, in the Black Pits?

I was long done exploring Cloisterwood when I freed the Lich, so if there are zero clues about his location, i have no reason to look in Cloisterwood. In fact, in a few other quests where I liberated some NPC, they usually go back to Driftwood.

I don't know how much more to simplify this for you. If you don't get it, sorry. I just hope the devs get the issue.

Originally Posted by BigTerj
This game is meant to be a little difficult

You confuse 'difficult' with poor writing. Not the same.

Last edited by 123xzcs; 19/01/18 06:20 AM.

Moderated by  gbnf 

Link Copied to Clipboard