Print Thread
N
Njordin Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
N
Hello,
the issue I has just come across is the game not allowing me to load or continue my progress. I have checked the files in the Divinity folder, as well as in Steam, and all the saves are still there, containing .lsv files. Also, not only am I not able to load, but the (graphic) settings have been reset to default. It's as if I have never played the game, even though I connect with my profile just fine.

The only significant thing that happened with my pc is that I ran ccleaner at some point between the last session and now. I also unistalled windows onedrive but I don't think it means anything.

Like I said, all saves are still there, in both Divinity and Steam folders.
Any ideas ? Will renaming the divinity folder solve the issue ?

Thanks in advance.

N
Njordin Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
N
Any help from the tecnhical support ?

Support
Support

What do you mean by 'not allowing'?

Can you create a new profile, start a new game and save/load?

Try browsing to the '..\Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition\LevelCache' folder and delete the contents.

If applicable, disable Steam cloud support either globally (in the client click on the Steam menu and select Settings, and then Cloud) or just for this game (in the library right click Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition and select Properties, then switch to the Updates tab and check the Steam Cloud section).
Alternately, exit out of the Steam client, and just start the game directly from the '..\SteamApps\common\Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition\Shipping\EoCApp.exe' executable when required.

Next, try browsing to the '..\Documents\Larian Studios' folder and rename the 'Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition' subfolder.
This folder contains the saved games, configuration files and a level cache folder. Deleting or renaming it will get the game to recreate it on startup; playing the game from a different Windows user account would effectively do the same thing. With Steam cloud support enabled, Steam would just download the cloud copy of your existing profile.
After that, start D:OS, create a new profile and (if you didn't already test in a new profile) see if you can start a new game and save/load. Exit and then copy a couple saves from the renamed folder into the newly created profile's savegames_patch folder. If that lets you load the saves, move the rest of the saves over.
If that doesn't help, delete the new My Documents D:OS EE folder and rename the original back again.

N
Njordin Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
N
Yeah, renaming the folder did the trick. I transfered the files to the new folder and I could load and continue fine. I wonder if ccleaner was responsible for this.

Anyway, thanks a lot for the help, I'm glad I don't have to start all over.

Moderated by  gbnf, Issh, Kurnster, Larian_QA, LarSeb, Monodon, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard