Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
I'm playing using controller, and until the latest patch, inventory sorting using 'latest added' always made the newest things go to the top...now it's been reversed? (intended perhaps..? mind boggling).

This is on all my saves so it's not just a new save being borked or something...everyone elses inventory been reversed after this patch?

New Zealand's finest Gith with a dark urge for KFC XX
veteran
veteran
I've noticed it, but since it still sorts, I don't think having them at the end instead of the top is a terrible change, especially since many fixes to things have broken other things.

J
stranger
stranger
J
I was also annoyed by the reversed order. When accessing the inventory with a single character, the game remembers the last used position correctly, but it gets very annoying when controlling multiple characters and switching between them.

If I scroll on some item on some character and switch to another one:

- if the character I switched on has at least the same amount of items that the position I have previously scrolled on, the position is kept correctly, even when switching back.
- if the character has less items than the position I have previously scrolled on, the position in the inventory is reset to the top.

For convenience, I keep most of the items on the primary character and only a few items on companions. With the order reversed, I have to scroll to the end of the inventory after almost every character switch. After a while, this gets really annoying.

It would be great if we could set the preferred order in the settings. For the oldest-first order, it would be great to reset the scroll position to the very end of the inventory if the character has less items than the current scroll position.

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
I don't understand why they changed it, Swen et al, anyone able to chime in why this change was made if it was intentional?

Such an opposite of a QoL change, it's a NQoL change lol (Non-Quality of Life) smirk

Last edited by IndySandbagTrick; 29/10/17 01:34 AM.

New Zealand's finest Gith with a dark urge for KFC XX
P
stranger
stranger
P
+1 for this issue. This needs to be a setting in the UI to chose the sort order asc / dsc, or it just needs to revert to how it was before which makes sense as OP has pointed out. Please fix. As my save progresses, this is only going to get worse.

As an aside, I am still hitting the AP bar disappearing when playing on a controller. Switching between characters seems to fix it.

Great game otherwise :)

E
E
A sorting by level/quality option should also be very welcome, specially at vendors.

K
stranger
stranger
K
Can't believe they didn't change it to proper sorting just like it was in D:OS EE. Sucks.

Moderated by  gbnf 

Link Copied to Clipboard