Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
After doing this in my spare time from wow and other games and trying honour mode after defeating tac' I kinda gave up due to the really bad programming, a friend from my guild on wow introduced me to the game as I never played the first version but surely as you made profit there you should have invested in other areas to improve as I thought what the hell and downloaded the first, we can all have fan bases or superdicks speaking up for us but when it comes down to it this game really wasn't tested well and has many issues relating to skills and simply what they are meant to do, an example was on honour mode I used petrify on a crocodile without shield and it was petrified yet still managed to do a opportunistic move on me and wipe one of my party..This isn't acceptable even in wannabe wow 2004 standards with skills not working. I will not spend money on your products again due to this bad experience even though I did enjoy the game I am sure there are guys out there who could do better or at least test the game properly first

We have a saying amongst PC users, Look after your PC ,and That's what I've done and I've maintained it for 20 years, this old PC has had 17 new Cards and 14 new Boards in it's time and it's still the same PC
S
stranger
stranger
S
Ur Dying at one of the first encounters and u mean the Game isnt well balanced? Really?

Y
Y
Ranty...

There is a good point there somewhere, but it's not well presented.

journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
I read it over and it was presented well enough to read, I've continued to try honour mode and lo and behold spider web failed on Executioner Ninyan as I figured this was probably the only skill to work on her as a melee lone wolf...This failed twice and made me thankful I had farmed for invis' potions. Before the encounter I had set up my own save point to reload in case of an emergency near death situation, trying to save those hours of play but as one would not expect I found myself reloading the same point I had just tried to exit from, confused I checked my options making sure I hadn't accidently set autosave again, checked game rules to make sure this wasn't a game rule..Nope yet again bad programming..PS I survived by the skin of my teeth due to a lucky cloak cooldown.

We have a saying amongst PC users, Look after your PC ,and That's what I've done and I've maintained it for 20 years, this old PC has had 17 new Cards and 14 new Boards in it's time and it's still the same PC
veteran
veteran
It is the point of honour mode, that the game overwrites saves to prevent save scumming. It´s what other games call ironman mode.

Y
Y
Just burn down her magic armour and charm her...

Tactician mode offers the same difficulty experience but allows you to keep your saves. Honour mode is not bad programming, it's intended to work like that.

old hand
old hand
I don't know what the OP tries to tell us. It sounds a bit like "bad engineering, I bought a motorbike and had to tinker two wheels on it to have my car". Using a "you suffer" hardcore mode and complaining about inconvenience?

Also, as you defeated the game on Tactician already (??), and Honour is not more difficult, just hand Ninyan the letter from Reimond and avoid the fight and according boredom of doing the same twice.

Last edited by geala; 15/03/18 09:13 AM.
A
A
Originally Posted by Stampeete
Ur Dying at one of the first encounters and u mean the Game isnt well balanced? Really?

He was not complaining about dying, he was complaining about a perceived bug that an enemy which should be petrified was still using an attack of opportunity. Bugs like these are not an issue on tactician as you just reload the game, meanwhile on honor mode they can be literally game breaking.

Now the save game issue may or may not be a bug. It might be intended that way or not, but either way it seems not very well explained at which points you will end up with no return. Though I think in this case it was not a bug, but rather an intentional save to force you to play the fight ... even if you are just running away.

Last edited by Apocalypse; 15/03/18 06:47 PM.
veteran
veteran
You can always just try to escape the fight and return and ressurrect your fallen in secrecy if possible.

Moderated by  gbnf 

Link Copied to Clipboard