Print Thread
#645912 12/05/18 01:59 AM
T
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
I am trying to convert the holy weapons, however,
the statue will not talk to me when I have all three items.
if I drop an item, he tells me to get all three.

I have NOT touched a tomb(how silly to have that break a quest, anyhow)
known bug? broken quest?
can someone help me?

Support
Support

Are you sure you didn't enter earlier in the game and open any of the tombs?

I don't recall any other way to prevent that quest from completing (there is a book in the Cursed Abbey warning not to disturb any of the guardians there, though easy to miss or find after finding the place of sacrifice).

FIX for broken Holy Items quest

T
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
Thank you for the quick response and the links, very helpful.

I mouse-over the tombs as a side effect of gameplay however my character never physically touched them.
After many attempts and reading everything I could find, I decided to touch the tombs on a fresh savefile just for entertainment purposes and nothing happened. No badguy showed up to spoil the fun.

I am curious if there is a chain of events I missed which has it all on hold for some reason.
I have not completed Iona's dungeon for example.

Support
Support

I just checked in a new game, and a lich showed up for each tomb clicked on. Just mousing over the tombs did not prevent the sacrifice (with the holy item inventory files).

You shouldn't need to complete Iona's dungeon; just getting the sword on the first main level should be sufficient.

Did you get a brief cutscene dialog when you first entered the place of sacrifice, and moved south?

T
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
You are very helpful and attentive to the forums.
Adding icing to the cake of my purchase of ALL Larian games recently.
FAN-tastic!!! Thank You.

...Back on track...

No cutscene. I do get some Holy sounding choir audio. I want to say there was a longer than usual black (loading/transition) screen the first time I went into the sacrificial chamber. I thought something might be loading.

I went back to a save game from over a week ago and from a few days. Grabbed the three strange objects and went to the sacrificial chamber. No cutscene, No sacrifice. No Lich. (Already Broken.)

I started a new game and ran my hero directly to the sacrificial chamber.
No cutscene (I assume that's normal without the objects.) Statue did tell me I needed the three items. Lich spawn when touching the tombs.

Turns out the quest did get broken somewhere along the way.
I am not terribly concerned, I have an amazing two handed sword that dropped. I am pretty much invincible. I did want an awesome one handed sword so I could use a Lich Shield I found. I also wanted to complete all of the quests before I become The Divine One.

Support
Support

Actually, there isn't a separate cutscene dialog; I think it was just the 'you need all 3 holy artifacts...' line I was thinking of.

The story files from a new game should let you complete the sacrifice. I was also using a good 2 handed sword, and picked the holy sword so I could use the Dragon Shield. Not too long after becoming the Divine One I found another 1 handed sword to replace it, though. Playing again, I'd probably go for the holy amulet.

T
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
Thank You, for your help.

I guess we can leave this as an open issue, minus the previous work-around links you provided.

I also thought about using the amulet, the tendency toward the sword in this game is obvious.
but the Lich's Shield is so elite... (350 armor at 150 weight) + some very good misc. stats.

I have 'Singing Blade' (two handed) with a charm quality of 3 ( all silver agility ) hard to beat.

until my next post...
Thanks, again, for your help.

T
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
T
I want to add,

15 years later (2018), someone (I assume Raze is a dev) still takes care of the forums for this game.
so amazing...
this game is 15+ years old and Raze (probably a dev) still takes the time to help people.
that's Amazing!!! ( seriously, AMAZING ) customer service.
If... Raze is just a community member and devoted to the enjoyment of this game by others then I have to say 'WTF?!'

Raze, You Are Awesome. Thanks.

Support
Support

I joined the previous Larian forum shortly after the original release of Divine Divinity, and hung around long enough that Larian hired me (a while before the Divinity 2 Developer's Cut release).
There were a few forum members around fairly consistently through DD, BD and D2, some of whom still post rarely (around a Kickstarter or game release, etc, or just dropping by).

S
stranger
stranger
S
Not to necro an old post but the fix for this quest is no longer working. I am playing the game right now and have all the items, but has touched all 4 tombs several weeks ago so no save game i can reload.

Just wondering if someone still knows how to fix the quest.

Thank you.

Support
Support

The fix should still work. Did you double check that you were following each step of the procedure?

Email support@larian.com with your zipped save before trying the fix and I will take a look at it.
Each save is a folder in the '..\SteamApps\common\divine_divinity\savegames' folder (or similarly for the GOG or disk version install paths).
In Windows Explorer you can zip a file or folder by right clicking on it/them and selecting 'Send To | Compressed (zipped) Folder'.

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard