Print Thread
R
R8lgunn Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
HI,
My game crashes every 10 minutes in fort joy right after we come out of the ship. I play in party with two friends in tactical mode and i'm the only one having this issue. The screen just goes black ear sounds, can still talk to my friends, but cant do anything with my computer, just have to hard reset... I am sooo frustrated, i tried everything, clean gpu drivers install, vcredist, vsync, check the game files in steam .. i even REINSTALLED windows 10, tried to launch the game without installing anything else (sound drivers keybords etc..) same issue.
Please help me !
My config is : i7 i920, nvidia 770gtx, 12go ram, windows 10

Support
Support

Does this also happen if you start a single player game to test?

Try lowering the graphics settings and resolution, and switching to Windowed or Fake Fullscreen display mode, to see if that will make a difference.

If you check the Event Viewer, there probably will not be anything for the game, but there may something caught leading up to the freeze.
- click Start (or WinKey-R), then type "event viewer" into the search box. in Windows 10, 'event' should bring up 'View event logs'.
- after starting the Event Viewer, expand 'Windows Logs' in the left column and select 'Application'
- in the center column, look for a recent error corresponding to the game freezes (sort by Date and Time, and maybe search for 'EoCApp')
- check the information under the 'General' tab below the list of events, starting with "Faulting application name..."

Have you tried other, similarly demanding DirectX 11 games recently?

R
R8lgunn Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
Hi, thanks for the answer,

I tried lowering everything, game works, then i have been testing the game reactivating one option at a time.
Full screen mode seems to be an issue, same with ambiant occlusion and sometimes msaa.
I am not done testing yet but following your indications, DWM.exe crashes.
Seems like driver related then ? ive tried fresh install etc .. though didnt worked.
I've red somewhere that an older driver n'vidia might solve the issues (385.28) but i don't want to try it and risk not to be able toplay the game at all afterwards.
The game is playable at the moment, not full sreen (windowed and at 1680*1050 not 1920*1080 btw...), some options on some other off.

Support
Support

If you do a clean install of the older graphics drivers (see here or here, for example) and they don't help, you should just be able to repeat that with recent drivers.
If you're ok with the current settings, though, there's not much reason to try it if it isn't affecting other games / programs.

Try checking your system files:
- click Start, type cmd into the search box, right click Command Prompt and select run as administrator.
- type the following command and hit Enter
sfc /scannow
When that is done, type exit and hit Enter, then reboot your computer.
For more details, see: https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/kb/929833

R
R8lgunn Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
Ok i think i figured something out :

1st : i checked my system files like you recommanded -> no errors
2nd : i tried the older driver and it didnt solved the problem, the game did even crashed in lowest possible graphics settings so i went back to the latest ... surprise the game keeps crashing with the lowest graphics preset while it was previously working ... i was desperate but then i noticed, the day was way hotter than the other so i turned all my case fans and then ... surprise surprise, the game work again.

So, more precisely, my gpu is watercooled and never goes above 52°C but thats not what is overheating with ambiant temperature ... its my gpu vram which isnt watercooled (just passiv air cooling).

The more i blow fresh air on them the more options i can turn back on ... crazy, first time i ever have to do so (and yet i played very Dx11 intensive games like tomb raider etc ...). I hope it will help more fellas. Thanx for your help RAZE, it helped me a lot to sort out solutions.

Support
Support

I'm glad you figured out the problem, and got it working again.

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard