Next Thread
Print Thread
A
Av4lan Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
Im in a fight with blink in the arena in driftwood, my character with 26 wits is going first all the time, except when the void monster appears and from then on, ALL MY CHARACTER TURNS ARE BEING SKIPPED! ARE U FUCKING SERIOUS? THIS BUG HAS BEEN REPORTED ALMOST A YEAR AGO, AND YOU STILL HAVEN'T DONE SHIT! THIS IS GAME BREAKING!

enthusiast
enthusiast
(Misdiagnosis? shame )
I believe this is an intentional script-related event, rather than a bug.

There's a story script file called "RC_DW_Arena.txt" that holds all the Driftwood-related arena events (RC_DW stands for Reaper's Coast - Driftwood).

Unless I'm mistaken, this bit concerns the void monster you're referring to:

Code
IF
ObjectEnteredCombat(CHARACTERGUID_S_RC_DW_UnderTavern_Voidwoken_13bb467b-de20-4726-8afd-757705352361,_)
AND
IsInArena(CHARACTERGUID_S_RC_DW_UnderTavern_Voidwoken_13bb467b-de20-4726-8afd-757705352361,1)
AND
QueryOnlyOnce("RC_DW_UnderTavern_Voidwoken_JumpToTurn")
THEN
SetOnStage(ITEMGUID_S_RC_DW_UnderTavern_Voidwoken_ObjHelper_c0e93fcf-4dae-48e8-a278-66393b206708,0);
JumpToTurn(CHARACTERGUID_S_RC_DW_UnderTavern_Voidwoken_13bb467b-de20-4726-8afd-757705352361);

The part that specifically makes the fight skip your character's initiative advantage is this function:
Code
JumpToTurn(CHARACTERGUID_S_RC_DW_UnderTavern_Voidwoken_13bb467b-de20-4726-8afd-757705352361);

So, unsolicited code aside, you can see that this isn't really a bug, but an intended action for this fight.

The good news is it's entirely possible to change it with a mod.

Edit: Ah, I missed this bit:
Originally Posted by Av4lan
and from then on, ALL MY CHARACTER TURNS ARE BEING SKIPPED!

Apologies. Lack of sleep and all that. sleep
Some information that may help Larian: Was this a more recent save (i.e., from the latest patch or two), or is this from a much older save?

Last edited by LaughingLeader; 08/06/18 08:29 AM.
Support
Support

The turn order is not entirely dependent on Wits / initiative. In addition to some bosses going first by default, some can just go first the turn they show up, or they (or other opponents) have buffs that can increase their initiative or make them go first the next turn.

In general the preview for the next turn is always subject to change, based on a variety of skills or statuses that come into play in the current turn, characters being added to combat, or opponents killed, etc.

If the characters' turns are actually being skipped, do they still have magic and physical armour? Are they stunned or frozen, etc, so they are unable to do anything?

If there is no hard CC involved, please email supportdos2@larian.com with a save (or a Dropbox or Google drive link, etc) before the voidwoken shows up, where this can be reproduced.
Each save is a folder in the '..\Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin 2\PlayerProfiles\<ProfileName>\Savegames\Story' folder.
In Windows Explorer you can zip a file or folder by right clicking on it/them and selecting 'Send To | Compressed (zipped) Folder'.

A
Av4lan Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
Unfortunately, I don't have that save anymore, as it was a quicksave. Also, I'm unable to replicate the problem after I leveled up and can take her in one turn. Now she either dies in that turn and I fight void monster normally, without any turn skipping, or I let her live, wait for the void monster to come out first, and again, after the first turn of the cave dweller, i dont get any turn skips. At the time of the problem, murga was turned into chicken, knocked down, my character was invisible via chameleon, there was only Ifan standing. I'm playing lone wolf with 2 characters, at that time, they were both level 8. Maybe someone else will run into the same problem. Maybe i'llbe able to retrieve cloud saves from steam, as I disabled them after getting frustrated with that fight.

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard