Next Thread
Print Thread
A
Arkhelm Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
A friend and I have just started the multiplayer campaign in Div 2, and we added mods to it to spice up the gameplay. Note that my friend was the original host. However, right from the beginning we have discovered some crucial issues:

A1. Some of the chests, tables and stairs did not load
A2. Some of the items I picked up had the wrong descriptions. Eg, a 2H sword was described to be a crossbow

It was noted on the internet that others have faced Issue (A1), but had no more problems after the first chapter. Hence, we ignored those issues and essentially my friend, the host, completed the first chapter without my assistance.

In the Fort Joy Chapter, Issue (A2) persisted and we faced these issues due to the wrong descriptions:

B1. My melee weapon now could hit targets from over a distances since its considered to be a crossbow
B2. I cannot equip certain weapons. Eg, a 2H sword is considered to be an arrow
B3. Some skills cannot be used since my currently equipped item is considered to NOT be a weapon. Eg. Cripple cannot be used since melee weapon is considered to be a shield
B4. Shield throw cannot be used despite my melee weapon being described to be a shield.
B5. I cannot sell items due to the wrong money balance that the game calculates. Eg. A cheap sword now has the cost of a legendary weapon

The only positive point was that despite the wrong attack description I have, the host affirms that the attack that is dealt to the enemy is correct (based on the description he sees).

So despite all these problems, the host and I plowed through Fort Joy (With my characters dying over 5 times in the most tragic ways) and got to the Ship Escape Chapter. And here we come to the final straw which I could not stand. I came back into the game after it crashed midway of the battle and found new problems:

C1. The skills in my bar is not what I had chosen from before and they cannot be used. Eg. Most of my Warfare Skills changed into Geomancer, Necromancer and Scoundrel Skills
C2. After the battle, my character could not enter the "God Realm" and then I crashed. My friend had to manually kill my character off before he could enter the realm (Thank goodness for Large bottle of Poison).

Now I have come to the last issue:

D1. We finally discovered that the host of the game will not have any of these problems, only the invited friend.

My friend sent me the saved file of the game and let me host it instead. From there, we realised that the host of the game will have everything in the right place and order while the invited party will have the messed up issue. So we guess that there is a problem in the synchronisation between parties in the multiplayer mode only.

So, that being said, could any of the support staff or online gaming community member please kindly assist us in solving this issue? We definitely cannot continue like this.

Support
Support

These types of issues can be caused by data mismatches between the host and client.
Try verifying local files: in the Steam library, right click on the game and select Properties, switch to the Local Files tab and then click on the 'Verify Integrity of Game Cache...' button.
With the GOG version, in the (optional) Galaxy client, select Divinity: Original Sin 2 in the left column, then click on the More button, and in the Manage menu select 'Verify / Repair'.

Have either of you tried playing with anyone else?

Try creating a new profile, start a new game without mods and see if that works properly. If so, try enabling the same mods and see if the issue reoccurs.

A
Arkhelm Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
A
Thanks Raze for the tips. I had wanted to add more details to what i had written but was unable to due to the 1800 seconds interval for submitting any more posts/reply. Do also note that:

1. There is no problems with the "Single player Campaign" for either my friend and I

2. The mods we have used are as follows:
Astronomer
Chronomancer
Crafting Overhaul
CreationPlus, Dragonknight
Druid_Class
DynamicAtmospheres
HarpyClass
Helaene_Buff_any_summons
Haelene_Mirage_Class
Helaene_Priest_Class
Helaene_Succubus
Helaene_Trickster
Helaene_Valkyrie
Helaene_Vampire
Helaene Wyldfae
LetThereBeToolTips
MoreCharacterColors
OdinbladeShadowStepClass
OdinbladeSoulstealerClass
OrganizedContainer
PotionsGiveEmptyBottles
Razor_Overlord
Spearskills
Summon_Overhaul
VoidknightClass
WeaponMaster

3. We have tried the following to solve the issues:
Host sending saved files over
Uninstalling and reinstalling game
Verifying Integrity of game cache (steam)
Disabling all the mods ***

Support
Support

Before I replied I moved you from the New User group to the User groups, so that eliminates the captcha to post, and greatly reduces the time between posts, among other anti-spam restrictions.

T
stranger
stranger
T
Hi there.

Exact same problem here. Wrong Items and Wrong skills trying to play with my friends. I have the steam version of the game while they have the GoG version. We found no way to fix that.

Support
Support

Did you try verifying local files?

If you were using any mods, did you try a new profile without any?

It sounds like everyone else in your group is ok?

Have you tried playing with anyone else?

Are you shutting down all non-essential programs (especially anti-virus) before starting the game?

Have you tried hosting/joining an arena match?

If you have the same problems with other people, as well, try starting the game, switch to windowed mode and lower the game resolution (and maybe mute the sound volume), start a multiplayer game, hit Esc, open the Connectivity Menu, optionally disable online multiplayer (if it is enabled) and make sure LAN Connections is enabled (or that can be done in the options before starting a new game).
Next, start the game again from the 'EoCApp.exe' program file (doesn't matter if the first instance is started through Steam or the executable), select Join Online Game in the Campaign section, switch to the LAN tab, rather than Online, join and see if you have any problems. You likely wouldn't with both instances of the game using the same data, but if you do it would indicate a local network problem of some kind.

A
stranger
stranger
A
i Was having this problem with a friend of mine a few days ago, we fixed it by having the player who wasn't the host deleting all their mods and reinstalling them, it's most likely a mod you aren't subscribed to (if you play of steam) that updated, and the other players mod hasn't updated.

i came to this conclusion after i deleted all my mods, backed up my save files and recreated my entire folder where DOS2 save data/mods are kept, without cloud saves on.

(im not good at getting my point across)

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard