Print Thread
#646843 19/06/18 10:25 AM
C
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
C
Hey all,

Gf and I currently in a Honour Mode playthrough on Xbox One. We have just started the battle before entering the Source Temple with the big Fire Demon and his 4-5 little fire demon pups. Started the fight with a hail attack killed all the little adds and froze the boss but it also his Madora a little. She's barely hurt but wants to leave the party but she's in combat and first to act. I can't control madora or any other characters cause all their skills are greyed out. It won't let us do anything. So basically i can scroll through other characters but they are greyed out inventory and all and Madora is unselectable in dialogue just waiting to be prompted i guess. Reloaded several times but that is where we saved. Anything we can do to get on with the fight? If you need any more help to figure out what's going on i'll gladly provide it.

Support
Support

If you have not quit the game and triggered Xbox Live syncing, you could try deleting the save in system storage and downloading the online save (not sure if you can do that with the game still running, and there isn't really any way to control or confirm syncing).

Unfortunately, there is no way to get a save off an Xbox to be able to do anything with it...

Maybe try clearing the cache, and see if that makes a difference when you reload the save.
- press and hold the Xbox button on the front of the console for 10 seconds until it shuts down
- unplug the power cable and wait 30 seconds
- pug the console back in and turn it on
- log into the same Xbox Live account you were using, start the game and let it sync, if required

C
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
C
Hey friend,

Thanks for the quick reply. Nah unfortunately we closed the xbox a couple days ago. But I'll give the cache clean a try. That's an odd interaction though kinda strange that we can't have the battle progress.

I'll let you know if the cache reset works. Thanks again.

C
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
C
Hey guys just a quick follow up,

Things were looking pretty grim after Raze let me know he didn't know of a way to fixx this kind of bug. Well boys im pleased to announce that with a little fucking around it can be done. Basically if this ever happens to someone where you can't select any character because one of your characters is stuck in dialogue at the beginning of a fight. Try rejoining with a secondary remote it prompts the begin battle on the second player and gives a small window with which you can spam left trigger and left toggle and slect the character thats in dialogue about to join the battle. Then just end the dialogue and the next person in q will continue the fight.

Run saved boys its a beautiful day. Now time to life in some crazy way.

Support
Support

Thank you for the update. Joining in split screen co-op and taking over the stuck player must force update the dialogue window that wasn't starting properly in single player (presumably due to combat being triggered at the same time as the reaction to the friendly fire).
I'll be sure to suggest that if anyone else runs into a similar situation; it may not help depending on why the dialog isn't starting/exiting properly, but it is certainly worth trying.

Thanks from me too for sharing your solution. It might help others that have the same problem. That's what forums are for. 🙂👍

Moderated by  gbnf, Issh, Kurnster, Larian_QA, LarSeb, Monodon, Raze 

Link Copied to Clipboard