Next Thread
Print Thread
W
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
W
Greetings, Godwokens!

Like a lot of people, if I'm not mistaken, the game has run perfectly fine in Act 1 and 2, and then, at Act 3, I see myself denied to Ascend at the Gate of Arx.

Indeed, when my group passes this Gate, the fire, the smoke and the piles of NPCs, dead or alive, make my FPS count go from 60 FPS to 20, even on Very Low, with all the stuff turned off and the priority on Task Manager to High.

My rig: GTX 1070
i5 4600K
16GB RAM
No SSD.

I don't think that, with such a rig, I'd get so few FPS even in Very Low. I updated my GC to the latest driver, to no avail.

It's really sad that my playthrough is so abruptly interrupted by this technical issue, I love this game so much and would love to see the end of this marvelous adventure, but I have to admit that running around the town with less than 30 FPS with a very decent rig is kind of a bummer D:

Hope this will be fixed very soon, as I expect such a great studio to do so.

Last edited by WickedLarkin; 30/09/17 10:05 AM.
stranger
stranger
Same problem here. My specs:
GTX 970
i5 2500k 4GHz
16 GB DDR3
SSD Samsung Evo 850

Support
Support

Try lowering the graphics settings and resolution, and switching to Windowed or Fake Fullscreen display mode, to see if that will make a difference.
You really shouldn't be having a problem with those specs, though.

Try doing a clean boot and then test the game. Click Start, or hit WinKey-R, type in msconfig and hit enter; in the General tab, click Selective Startup, uncheck Load startup items (if required) and leave Load system services and Use original boot configuration options checked. Next, click on the Services tab, check the box to Hide all Microsoft services, then click the Disable All button (maybe make a note of which are currently enabled/disabled), then click OK and reboot the computer.
Run msconfig again to switch back to the normal boot configuration.

Maybe try a clean re-install of the graphics drivers, or revert to an older version. See either of the following, for example:

http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-2767677/clean-graphics-driver-install-windows.html

http://www.tweakguides.com/NVFORCE_3.html

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard