Print Thread
#591805 05/10/16 02:15 PM
M
Marvoch Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
I was wondering, how does exactly elemental hail work? Because I can't see what are its advantages, and to be honest I can't even understand if is an AoE or not since it's not clear if it's a patch of fire or a fire tornado, but at this moment I was only able to hit single targets with it. My biggest concern is if this is an AoE since as a single targeting spell it seems underwhelming: at max level, it does less damage than a meteor strike, it cost much, much more and it doesn't seem to hit multiple times per time unit like burning wall. I understand that much of the skills are highly unbalanced, but until now the major problem that I read about magic skills was that a lot of enemies are highly resistant to spiritual damage, and this way a lot of the spells lose their effectiveness. Nonetheless, they still have a huge use against enemies with low spiritual resistance or whose resistance was brought down. In the elemental powers branch all the skills I tried had their usages (I'm missing elemental bolt, since the spellbook seems to be bugged, which I believe to be a more powerful and versatile meteor strike, and elemental strike, since the spellbook doesn't seem to exist, which I believe to be another upgrade for meteor strike), but elemental hail, for what I was able to understand of it, is instead totally worthless, so I believe I didn't understand how and where to use it. Anyone who can illuminate me?

P.S.: Sorry in advance for the possible awkward or incorrect English I used.

Marvoch #591811 05/10/16 02:30 PM
Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Nothing wrong with your English, I'm just sorry I don't have an answer for you. But no doubt the walking encyclopaedia that is Raze will be along in due course: if there's anything he doesn't know about Divine Divinity, it's not worth knowing. He's a little busy at present what with the early access of D:OS II happening, but I dare say he'll materialise with an answer before long. (Sorry, Raze, no pressure! :P )

J'aime le fromage.
Marvoch #591869 05/10/16 05:30 PM
M
Marvoch Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
I thank you for your reply; letting me know that this subforum isn't dead it's a great thing (with the game that is almost 13 years old it wouldn't be strange)! I'll wait patiently for the answer of the great sage, I'm not in a hurry (:

Marvoch #592087 06/10/16 08:19 AM
Support
Support

Elemental Hail can hit multiple targets at a time. Testing it now (level 1), I was able to hit a single opponent twice per cast, and with groups, have up to 4-6 damage indicators show up per cast. Boosting it to level 5 I was more likely to get 2 damage hits with a single target (got 3 once, at least), and with a larger group got up to 6-8.
Targeting worked better for me using the Ctrl key than just right clicking, and (being an area effect) it worked a lot better on opponents that were not moving.

IIRC there was at least one person playing mage characters that liked the spell, but it wasn't generally people's the first recomendation.

Marvoch #646955 23/06/18 09:58 PM
M
stranger
stranger
M
I love elemental hail. It allowed me to kill all the mummies in the underground cave where the grail was.

Moderated by  Larian_QA, Lar_q, Lynn, Macbeth 

Link Copied to Clipboard