Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
I have a question regarding Divinity: Original Sin 2: In the dungeon of Fort Joy's Magister Castle, why were those monsters by the sewer grate exit in cages if the only thing they attack is the player characters? On paper, I get it. They would have overwhelmed the player characters otherwise, but I feel like it doesn't make much sense for them to be in cages if they're under the bad guys' control.

I tried teleporting monks and magisters into their intact cages to be eaten, but the abominations must have decided that my scaly ass was more tantalizingly delicious because they put aside any possible feud with their wardens to take a swing at me instead.

veteran
veteran
Good question, also if they are able to break themselves free, why didn't they try that before? laugh

old hand
old hand
It's actually not hard to come up with reasonable answers for such questions.

Why do owners leash their dogs or cats? Or pets in general. Are their pets always within their sight 24/7? Are the pets just going to stay exactly where their owners leave them forever, not doing anything stupid? And so on.

As for why they can break the cage but never tried to do that before you start fighting them - there might very well be some sort of conditioning or "trigger" for their behavior - we can't really tell. Maybe when there's no hostiles in sight, they "know" that if they do anything stupid their owner will hurt them. Or it's simply that they're in a "tame" state. When some threat shows up, they will enter a "berserk" state and fight for their owner. Such and such.

They are Flenser's experiments, it's only natural that he has certain behavioral rules imposed on them.

"We make our choices and take what comes and the rest is void."

Moderated by  gbnf 

Link Copied to Clipboard