Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
R
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
I've been playing this game for about 60 hours now, and a while back i started crashing when i reload a save. It used to only happen sometimes, But now its happening every time. I'm also using the epic encounters mod, And i've had it from the very beginning. I tried:
- Reinstalling the game
- Verifying game integrity
- Disabling cloud on steam, Then deleting the whole documents folder, Making a new profile and just moving a few saves.
- Running the game from EoCApp.exe as administrator.
- Running the game in a clean boot.

I'll also add that loading a game from the menu works just fine. And everytime the loading bar gets to the same place (around 70%) and the game just closes, No errors.

Running a Ryzen 2700x And a GTX 1070 with 16 GB of ram.

Not sure what else to try. And help?

Also just made a new game under the same profile and I seem to be able to load fine there.

It seems to crash if I try to reload while in combat. (works fine on new save)

I can provide the crash dumps files if it helps...

This also seems to only happen when loading out of certain saves. I mean I can load into saves that make me crash out of a really early save, But not from a recent save. Also trying to just go back to menu from a recent save makes me crash.

Last edited by RainMeNow; 04/07/18 06:11 PM.
Support
Support

So recent saves will load once, but after that, loading any save or returning to the main menu causes a crash? (during the 'cleaning up session' procedure)

Unfortunately, this (and the fact that older saves and a new game are ok) likely means there is something corrupt in the save itself.
How far back is your last save that you can reload twice? If you don't want to reload and redo the section of the game since this started, you should hopefully be able to avoid the problem by quitting the game and restarting each time you want to reload a save.

R
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
R
Originally Posted by Raze

So recent saves will load once, but after that, loading any save or returning to the main menu causes a crash? (during the 'cleaning up session' procedure)

Yes.

Luckily I had a rather recent save that works fine. It does seem like something was corrupt in them, But it was weird because loading into them initially worked fine. I'm also having an issue where sometimes when launching the game audio only plays when the game is minimized; But its fixed by just relaunching the game so its not really a concern. Thanks for bothering to reply.

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard