Next Thread
Print Thread
L
addict
OP Offline
addict
L
Hi Larian
For those player s who say the game is too easier. Give advanced options under tact and honour mode to change things.
Not limited too but including the following : enemy numbers, armour, dmg, skills, perma death, perma injury, random buffs, random location, on all enemies or on bosses, level, location, resistance, exp, loot, bedroll, Rez scroll, allowed spells/skills, size of party... Google

veteran
veteran
Everything is placed by hand so such randomzing stuff is hardly possible. If you want permadeath, use honor mode.

stranger
stranger
^ This, I'm tired of these nerf nazis ruining the game for everyone else! There's already a permadeath mode, there's no need to ufkc it up for everyone else!

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by TZODun2K15
^ This, I'm tired of these nerf nazis ruining the game for everyone else! There's already a permadeath mode, there's no need to ufkc it up for everyone else!

To be fair, OP was asking for "advanced options", specifically in Tactician and Honor modes. He wasn't asking for global nerfs to anything. And you wouldn't be playing on Tactician to begin with if you don't like to be challenged.

But yes, his idea, although being a neat one, would be really hard to implement in the official game, I imagine.

Last edited by Try2Handing; 16/07/18 01:08 PM.

"We make our choices and take what comes and the rest is void."
apprentice
apprentice
While i like the idea of having more "customization" options for the gameplay i'm not sure if your idea would be possible for the main campaign since the encounters are already "fixed", perhaps on a DLC campaign this would be easier to implement.

I would suggest that difficulty slider shouldn't be in linear correspondence how long will battle last or how many enemies will spawn.

So, for example, you could play challenging battles which wouldn't last long.

veteran
veteran
The problem is, enemies don't get spawned like they would do in XCOM, they are preplaced.

G
addict
addict
G
Tactician Mode must become harder

T
apprentice
apprentice
T
I have a post in general with some suggestions about difficulty. I think there are some good comments in this thread though about limitations. Larian most likely isn't going to go too crazy implementing high level options like OP suggested. We really need to come up with suggestions that are easy for them to implement and don't compromise the overall feel of the game. To that end my main suggestions are to limit xp and gold through a checkbox on tactician mode (or roll it into an insane difficulty).

Gold makes things easier - making it much rarer would limit your gear choices and make fights harder.
XP makes things easier - as we get more tools through levels, a veteran player has more at their disposal to max/min and overcome the challenges.

While there are numerous creative ideas that could be fun - this simple simple setup could really create a great standard for a higher difficulty.

S
addict
addict
S
All I want is a proper heroic feel to my character on his way to divinity. I know most want a challenge but hate the AI cheating, for instance like they do with impossibly bloated health bars. Rather increase the number of enemies and adjust the exp. gain so level advancement remains the same or even slightly slower. This should be an option tied to advanced difficulty settings and not tied to a particular difficulty level.

Last edited by Seraphael; 25/07/18 06:31 PM.

Moderated by  gbnf 

Link Copied to Clipboard