Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
K
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
K
Are there any bugs, or situation when it is 100% guarantee that my group would get killed? I never played it before more than 1 hour, except yesterday when I decided to try Honor Mode and played whole day and died on some mines trap, but that is my fault, I was not cautious enough. I don't want to complete on Tactical Mode first and then replay the game. I liked that feeling when you can't make any mistakes in Honor Mode. So is it possible to complete it first time playing on Honor Mode with extreme caution and attention?

Support
Support

Traps, and similar situations (ambushes, exploding opponents), can not wipe the party (the 2 main characters are what count), if the entire party isn't grouped together. Keeping a main character in reserve would leave you short-handed in combat, though, depending on if or how long they are held back.

In terms of bugs, I can only recall one situation offhand, which is more of a design issue. On the second main map, there are some mines you need to explore, which after you complete are flooded with lava. Due to the way waypoints are added and removed from the list, the ones in the mine will remain accessible until you save the game and reload, so you could wipe the party by finishing the mines, exploring the next section (that is safe to return to), escaping and then teleporting into the mine. I don't recall if re-entering from the main entrance would be fatal, if you take your whole party, or if there is some safe ground to stand on.

Hello Raze, how about the teleporter pyramids? Do they remain after the mines are lava-flooded if they were dropped there before? If they do, one could wipe the party by teleporting to the lava-immersed pyramid, although only one main char at a time.

Support
Support

A teleporter pyramid should be moved to a character's inventory if left on the ground, with any transition between different maps (where there is a loading screen, and the full party needs to be together).

There is a place on the second map with lots of lava. One of the paths through contains a possible fight with opponents where one can teleport characters into lava to kill them instantly, so with some CC effects or not being able to resurrect the first character quickly enough, that could result in a party wipe.

Ah yes, I forgot that the mines are loaded separately from the main map. But are they flooded only after the party leaves the map? I remember them being flooded while my party is still in them (spoiler, mark to show: right after the encounter with the Conduit). If so, a pyramid could still lie around in the flooded part.

I heard about the enemies that may teleport you into lava, but fortunately, that never happened on our single playthrough in normal difficulty.

Support
Support

I don't recall for the lava, but the teleporter pyramids don't work in the mine, so even leaving one on the ground, you wouldn't be able to use the other and inadvertently end up in lava.

C
stranger
stranger
C
Traps, and similar situations (ambushes, exploding opponents), can not wipe the party (the 2 main characters are what count), if the entire party isn't grouped together

First of all double negative in English is incorrect. English is not my first language but at least I remember this from school.

Second about keeping second character offhand...I don't know if you are playing the same game I am playing or you don't know what you talking about the least.

Honour mode on first try is impossible. Short answer.

C
stranger
stranger
C
Theoretically it is possible (not a full 100 % statement have not finished the game) but practically impossible due to natural desire to explore everything. Traps everywhere. Maybe possible if playing extraordinary careful like a turtle inch by inch and this kind of gameplay. Highly unnatural type of gameplay. Anyway, honor in this game is not worth it unless you want to stand out as a fool. Now if you pull it out in Dark Souls you can be recognized.

Support
Support

That is not an example of a double negative. While schools will certainly teach 'proper' English, the structure is much less strict than many other languages.

It is entirely possible to scout new areas and find traps or opponents with a companion or single main character, without always having both main characters grouped close together.
The OP wasn't asking it it was easy or likely to get through without having played before, but if it was impossible or not.

C
stranger
stranger
C
You made yet another double negative in your last sentence. Funny guy.

I know what he is saying, if it is possible in a first blind run.

I actually tried it and failed at the Wanderer who one shot my party. I learned my mistake there and it is my fault - there are exploding corpses on the arena over there which I didn't recognize at first and was sitting on top of one of them.

That was my try of doing what the OP wants to know and it finished there. Obviously a second attempt will not be a blind attempt anymore. But further into the game I noticed there are situations out of combat when the Honor run may end unexpectedly. For example in the mines there is this library area with 3 graves. You need to notice a hidden switch before attempting to dig the graves for loot.

And so on. Many traps of this kind really and a blind Honor mode will fail.

Duchess of Gorgombert
Duchess of Gorgombert
Originally Posted by Raze
That is not an example of a double negative. While schools will certainly teach 'proper' English, the structure is much less strict than many other languages.

[Linked Image]

J'aime le fromage.
C
stranger
stranger
C
Here is alternative answer to your question.

It will be possible if you have knowledge of the dangerous moments in the game. Like the said library graves, the Wanderer encounter, etc.

But someone has to provide a list of these situations where you have to be extra careful.

Armed with such knowledge, and playing very careful in general not falling to common predictable traps, then it should be possible.

But I recommend something else. Play on tactician and see how far you can make it. You never know, you might finish it without loading. Then that will be equivalent to Honor achievement to the fullest.

The difficulty level is the same between Tactician and Honor.

C
stranger
stranger
C
And something else to warn you about Honor mode.

It is not just traps and fights that can go wrong.

Here is example what can go wrong

In my game I allocated points to Jahan to raise his Hydro skill to 4 at level 12. Only to learn later that spells which require level 4 are locked until character level 15. So I wasted the points there pre-maturely.

Honor mode is able to load a save if you catch the mistake on time. But because it is single save file, it may overwrite the save file and then you screwed.

K
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
K
Hi, thanks for answer. I didn't quiete understood about lava mines. Can you please explain once again with more details? What is danger and should I do?

Support
Support

On the second map, there are some mines that you will need to explore; once you get through them, there is another underground area and then you can get back to the surface. By design, the mines get flooded with lava when you escape. Until you reload a save, the waypoints in the mine will remain in the list, and if you teleport back to the mine it can wipe out your party.

To avoid that, don't teleport back to the mine (there is not much reason to return if you loot as you go), or save and reload after getting out of the mine.

K
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
K
Ok now I understood. I just got to these mines I think, with skeletons-pirates. Have to say that it is such a unique experience to play in Honor Mode. I have never played like that in any game. But it is so worth it. I never thought that ability to save and reload at any time takes so much from game experience.

Support
Support

The mines in question are in Luculla Forest; there is no problem like this with the Black Cove (there are traps and tough fights there, though).

K
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
K
And I died) Not in the mines, but from fire golem thing in place where is fire everywhere. He just summoned some creatures that bombed my party in one shot. 2 weeks of playing everyday for 4-5 hours and that's it) I'm not upset though. It just happened in the right moment. I've got tired of this game and I'm starting to work on some projects tomorrow, so I will not have time for games for a while. Had a great time in that game really.

C
stranger
stranger
C
Sorry to hear about it. But I warned you about that encounter. Warning is not enough though as that encounter is pure cheese and poor design. Really that is not your fault, that boss is inappropriate. you can beat it on second playthrough, in fact I beat him without his turn triggering ever, freeze and cc etc cheese tactics bs boss. Larian has a lot to learn in game design overall, albeit map drawing was done very well.

I moved away from this game, dropped it mid-game, loose of time, I am having a blast with DS3.

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard