Next Thread
Print Thread
S
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
S
Hi,

starting at the beginning of the game with normal loading times I'm currently ending up in Act 2 with loading times up to 5-10 minutes. This makes the game play almost unplayable since every time I want to try something out or lose a battle I have to endure this procedure. Same for saving times - up to 2 minutes each quick save.

As a research at google brought up, lots of users have the same problem. I use SSD and huge RAM and tried the game at several computers - with always the same result. Latest patches are installed. It's also independant from single or coop mode.

Please - you have to fix this with a patch! A game with difficult levels like this one, one really needs quick load & save functions that prove their names not wrong.

Thanks and regards
Georg

veteran
veteran
Hi! That sucks! Though I'd like to chime in with the hopes of helping, at least until Raze races along with better ideas. Or until all ideas are razed down.

Sorry, done with the puns now.

I faintly recall someone mentioned at some point that deleting older saved helped them with loading times for some reason. You could try this just for the hell of it.

As with any potentially destructive attempts, do a backup first. So navigate to C:\Users\sound\Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin 2\PlayerProfiles\YourPlayerProfile\Savegames\Story and move all folders except say... The two most recent ones, to someplace else.

I assume you're not using mods?

Support
Support

Are you shutting down all non-essential programs before starting the game, especially anti-virus and any backup programs that may be monitoring the My Documents folder?
Firewalls have caused long save and load times, but I don't recall if that was location (or level size) dependent.

Try browsing to the '..\Documents\Larian Studios\Divinity Original Sin 2\LevelCache' folder and delete the contents. A corrupt file there can cause problems when saving or loading.

Try exiting out of the Steam client, if applicable, and starting the game directly from the '..\SteamApps\common\Divinity Original Sin 2\bin\EoCApp.exe' program file, by right clicking and running as administrator.

Try doing a clean boot and then test the game. Click Start, or hit WinKey-R, type in msconfig and hit enter; in the General tab, click Selective Startup, uncheck Load startup items (if required) and leave Load system services and Use original boot configuration options checked. Next, click on the Services tab, check the box to Hide all Microsoft services, then click the Disable All button (maybe make a note of which are currently enabled/disabled), then click OK and reboot the computer.
Run msconfig again to switch back to the normal boot configuration.

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard