Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
P
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
P
hi guys! Just wanna post a problem Ive encountered multiple times while playing divinity 2 on Xbox game preview. I can’t progress whenever combat is necessary bc of this :( whenever one of my teammates have a status effect (so far any negative ones) and it becomes their turn, the game will literally STOP. Not freeze/crash. Just stop. No matter what button I push, nothing will happen. I have to dashboard and quit game/restart just to hop back on and encounter this again. I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game. Started new game. Still encountering this. Please help bc I absolutely LOVE your games. Legit masterpieces that makes me smile all the way through

Support
Support

Did you try waiting for a while?

Try clearing the cache:
- press and hold the Xbox button on the front of the console for 10 seconds until it shuts down
- unplug the power cable and wait 30 seconds
- plug the console back in and turn it on

I don't suppose you have access to a different Xbox, that you can log into your account on, let it sync online saves and then test if this still happens?

P
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
P
Yeah I’ve waited almost 10 mins in battle one time to see if it would let me do anything. Nothing. Xbox is the xbox X and it’s basically brand new. I’ve tried the different hard restarts. Haven’t logged onto another Xbox and tried that. Don’t have access to another. As of right now I deleted all saves and deleted game to reinstall and try again. Just landed at fort joy and fought the two voidwalkers. So far so good. But I didn’t encounter this until I fought the magister by the fire slugs and fire slugs themselves. And everything’s good unless one of my party members has a negative status effect and it becomes their next turn.

I looked a little through the threads to see if anybody has the same problem but didn’t see anything. Am i the only one?

Support
Support

I have not seen this issue reported before, and after checking, neither has QA. Hopefully it was just a weird glitch that reinstalling will have cleared up.

P
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
P
Ok I’ve done some more testing and managed to use my brothers xbox X to see if that was the issue, and it wasn’t. Still had the same problem on his console as well. I can narrow down that this problem only happens when I fight the magister houndmaster or the fireslugs right next to him located in the cave. I don’t know if status effects have anything to do with it bc it’s hard to avoid being hit with a status in this fight. The game will stop randomly. Sometimes it happens right away and sometimes I’ll have just two enemy archers standing until I’m left unable to do anything. When the issue happens it’s right when it’s one of my characters turn (doesn’t matter which character). The game will sit there (unfrozen) on my characters turn but no matter what button I push it won’t do anything in game. Can’t push start to bring up menu, can’t move cursor, can’t hold LT to select another character or RT to bring up radial menu. All I can do is dashboard to restart game for the same thing to happen. I know I can probably avoid this fight but I’m just worried that when full game releases that this bug will encountered in later fights smirk

P
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
P
Ok. After I posted that last message I tried the fight one more time and got through it as quickly as possible withought encountering the bug. So idk guys smirk

Support
Support

I'm glad you got through the fight. Hopefully this will be fixed in the full release, with one of the changes or updates also fixing/avoiding whatever the problem is in this case.

P
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
P
Finished the game preview and didn’t encounter this bug again smile Can’t wait for full release!!! Ty raze!

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard