Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
P
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
P
I've been playing DOS2 on PC using a Steam Controller. I've been running into an issue though, if I allow my controller to turn off at all. If it turns off, the game seems to not detect it at all until I restart the game. Does anyone know of a way to get it to re-detect the controller?

Support
Support

Did you try clicking the Start button?

I didn't try running the batteries dry, but didn't have a problem reconnecting after holding the Steam button down long enough to power it off, then turn it back on again. Same after leaving the controller sitting to auto power off.

After pulling the receiver out, turning the controller off and then reconnecting, the game didn't initially respond to button and stick input, until I hit the start button (which brought up the in-game menu). After that everything worked normally.

stranger
stranger
Same problem here. Start button doesn't help. I also tried playing with Dualshock 4. When controller turns off game informs about it by displaying a warning. When the controller connects back the warning disappears and control operates. But with steam controller is not so.

Support
Support

Someone emailed support with a similar problem, having DS4Windows set to turn the Dualshock controller off after 5 minutes of inactivity (using Bluetooth). They found that if they hit the PS button to turn it back on and moved the left stick (or IIRC any other input) within half a second it would reconnect properly; if there was no input within half a second, the game would treat it as a second controller, and bring up the profile selection window for split screen co-op.
Try that with the Steam controller.

stranger
stranger
Im not using any soft except steam. My dualshock 4 works very well through steam. Game recognize it, if controller disconnected i got message, when i connect controller again game recognize it again instantly.
But i prefer play with my steam controller and I have some problems with this. At start game recognize it as well as ds4. But when steam controller disconnected there is no message about it. Also when it reconnected game doesn't recognize it. I still able to use steam overlay, so controller works, but game seems doesn't see it at all. I tried push all buttons move sticks etc but no result. Only restart game helps. It's really annoying.

Support
Support

If you email supportdos2@larian.com with the report.zip file generated by the D:OS 2 Analysis Tool, along with a description (or link to this topic), I'll add that to the bug report for the issue I mentioned above. Hopefully that will help in figuring out what the problem is, since it has not been reproducible at this point.

Extract the zip file somewhere handy (like the Desktop) and in the AnalysisTool_DOS2 folder, run corresponding executable. It should detect the game install path, but if not you can browse to the 'Divinity Original Sin 2' folder. Optionally run the tests first, and then generate a report (it will be saved in the same location as the Analysis Tool).

The report will contain system and game information, as well as your saved games. To greatly reduce the file size, you can delete all of the saves from the zip (double click the zip file to open it in Windows Explorer, then browse down to the ..\Savegames\Story folder), since the issue isn't related to the saves themselves.

I
stranger
stranger
I
I have the same problem. I'm playing through steam link with two steam controllers. The game only works with controllers which are turned on at the moment the game starts. If I decide to coop, and turn on a second controller, it won't be recognized, so if I want to coop the only way is if I turn on both controllers before starting the game. If a controller turns off for any reason (inactivity, low battery, controller gets too far from the steam link) there is no way to reconnect it other than restarting the whole game. If the main controller is disconnected, I can only save the game from the PC (using keyboard and mouse) before restarting, to be able to continue where I left. This is a 100% reproducible thing, I can never reconnect any controller. If I can help fixing this issue let me know, I can also run the analysis tool. It would be great to see this resolved, it is a super annoying thing, as the restart of the game takes several minutes (at least on my system)

W
enthusiast
enthusiast
W
is the forums actually dead? never a play back responsible? ....

W
enthusiast
enthusiast
W
Hello
when will this error finally be patched?
I have the same proplem and have already used steam, ps4, and xbox controller, all three the same, within a few minutes one of the two controllers loses the connection, nothing works anymore, it only helps restart the game, so the game is not playable .... when does a coworker finally get in touch? where is the support?
Help please ....

My System Windows10 Home 64 Bit . New Updates

Last edited by Wolfenring; 28/07/18 02:04 PM.
Support
Support

I created a bug report for the issue described above; being very rare and not reproducible doesn't help in tracking down the problem, though.

However, it sounds like you have a different problem, if the disconnections are not happening due to timeouts or dead batteries, etc.

Do you have the same problem playing in single player (or online multiplayer, if applicable)?

Try doing a clean boot and then test the controllers (starting the game directly from the '..\SteamApps\common\Divinity Original Sin 2\bin\EoCApp.exe' program file, by right clicking and running as administrator).
Click Start, or hit WinKey-R, type in msconfig and hit enter; in the General tab, click Selective Startup, uncheck Load startup items (if required) and leave Load system services and Use original boot configuration options checked. Next, click on the Services tab, check the box to Hide all Microsoft services, then click the Disable All button (maybe make a note of which are currently enabled/disabled), then click OK and reboot the computer.
Run msconfig again to switch back to the normal boot configuration.

W
enthusiast
enthusiast
W
No the Proplem is only when two controllers are connected, in single player and multiplayer This is not so also I have the other stuff all worked out with the Msconfig story, same error as always, the game no longer recognizes the controller, But the computer recognizes the controller already, the Proplem is only on the game and not on the PC or the software of the customers. My PC is brand new, everything is running fine (sin2) is the first and until now last game on the computer the PC is just 4 days old.

One thing I have noticed so far, only the steam controller and the PS4 controller have up to now with these errors have popped up with me both are connected via Bluetooth, only the Xbox controller that works via wireless is not yet it error Surfaced. A question which controllers have been with you in the hopes .

Support
Support

Can you try the Steam and PS4 controllers wired? The problem may be caused by Bluetooth power saving features, or something.

W
enthusiast
enthusiast
W
How can I understand that? , PS4 controller is connected to the PS4 via Bluetooth or not? or can the PS4 controller do both?

How can I do this on Windows 10, can you help me with this? So an accurate guide, it is not exactly different on Windows 10 what wireless and what Bluetooth is.

Support
Support

W
enthusiast
enthusiast
W
hello, I have now time to test it some time. I think the error is due to Steam, it works for me at least if I have the exe file as described above, run as an administrator and I play now with xbox one controller, this works every reconnect of the controller, only now and then does controller two because the ticker then runs from left to right constantly through you can not control it, you turn controller off and on and it works again.

So do not run Steam in the background, use xbox one controller and open the exe file as above as an administrator and it works for me.

other question comes a DLC or SIN 3! ? is there something planned? Sin2 is already a long time in the trade.

Support
Support

If you right click EoCApp.exe file, select Properties, switch to the Compatibility tab and check the option to always run as administrator, that may help when running the game through Steam.

Right now the focus is on the upcoming Definitive Edition release. There are other plans, but nothing has been announced at this time.

W
enthusiast
enthusiast
W
Ok thx

I Hope is going quickly. For sin 3

S
enthusiast
enthusiast
S
This issue is still bothering me. My controller occasionally disconnects for a microsecond, but it's enough for the game to stop responding to the controller. There's no way to reconnect with the game even though the controller is working fine with the app.

I
stranger
stranger
I
Originally Posted by Raze

being very rare and not reproducible

What do you mean by that? I can reproduce it 100% of the time. Even with the definitive edition. If there is anything I could help you with (sending log files, test any workflows) just let me know.

stranger
stranger

Last edited by vometia; 06/03/19 10:25 AM. Reason: link

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard