Print Thread
M
MaccLAd Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
Hi

Since the most recent update, every time I try and save (or there is an autosave), I get the error "System Storage is out of Space -Please remove old Save Games". I have deleted all old saves (system storage says 0/10) but I still have the problem. I've rebooted the Xbox etc. I have 2 TB free across the Xbox and Drive

any tips greatly appreciated

Thanks

Support
Support

If you start the game from a different Xbox account, if available, can you start a new game and save properly? That would give a separate hard drive space for saves.

Try clearing the cache:
- press and hold the Xbox button on the front of the console for 10 seconds until it shuts down
- unplug the power cable and wait 30 seconds
- plug the console back in and turn it on

Have you tried making new saves in other games?

If that doesn't help, and your internet isn't metered, you could try uninstalling the game, clearing the cache again and reinstalling.

M
stranger
stranger
M
Try this :

Launch the game and choose "continue" in the main menu.
Once ingame, bring on the menu and click "Load", not "Save".
Then, try deleting some old quicksaves and autosaves. Keep only the 1 or 2 more recent of each.

If you didn't find any "old" file, try this :
Completely exit/close the game.
Launch it.
In the main menu, click on "story".
Choose "load campaign"
Once there, you should find old files. Try to keep only the 1 or 2 more recent.

Good luck !

M
MaccLAd Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
M
Thank you for the Responses.

I got it working by going into load game and deleting a load of autosaves/quick saves from previous games. I had to delete all saves until there was less than 10 remaining for me to be able to save

Appreciate the assistance

E
stranger
stranger
E
Having exactly the same issue, so deleted 4 of my game saves and launched a new game and still unable to save/autosave divinity 2 on xbox one.
There is over 2 TB free on the installed drive and all other games save without issue.

Support
Support

How many saves do you have left, in total?
Each game has a specific and limited amount of drive space available per Xbox account, so the total free drive space is not a factor.

H
stranger
stranger
H
Hi, is there any update on how to fix this issue? I hosted a lone wolf save prior to the most recent update with a friend and we have completed all the current available content but I am unable to create new saves since.
Each time I try to save it says 'out of system space' and while I was able to save over my current save I was only able to do so after deleting all my other saves.
I have tried uninstalling and then reinstalling the game and I have also tried signing in with a friends account. Note when I did sign in with a friends account I was able to create multiple saves with no issue but when I switched back to my own account the big persisted.
Several of my friends who play the game have also experienced this same bug and can only have one save but I also have other friends who also had saves prior to the update and they haven't been affected so I don't know what gives.
Really do not want to have to delete this save and start over but also really want to do a single player run through!

Thanks

Support
Support

How many saves do you have in total?

Check under system storage for the game, and see if there are any saves listed there that aren't showing up in the game.

You could create a new Xbox account for the single player game; that would give you separate sets of saves for the single and multiplayer games.

E
stranger
stranger
E
I can only save if I use an alternate profile, even with having just one saved game in storage and only one saved game on the loading screen itself.
The only thing I can think of that could cause an issue is if my saves from the original divinity game are causing an issue with storage.

I have reinstalled/moved the game to different drives, removed 4 autosaves and only one current save and still screwed.

so new profile only viable option unless someone else has an answer?

although this problem came out of nowhere and i had to delete 4 existing saves so....

The original divinity has 1gb of reserved space but I have nothing for divinity 2

Last edited by evill33; 19/08/18 08:05 AM.
Support
Support

If the save is backed up online, you can try deleting the disk copy of the save (from Home, select My games & apps, highlight D:OS 2, hit the Menu button and select Manage game, then in the menu on the left, scroll down to Saved Data, highlight the save data for your gamertag on the right, press A and then confirm the deletion) then clear the Xbox cache and after restarting and logging in, start the game, download the cloud save and see if that resets whatever the problem is.
Unfortunately, Xbox Live's cloud synce is automatic, and I don't think there is a way to verify if saves are online, short of logging in to a different Xbox and seeing if you get the option to download saves for the game.

With the full release in a couple of weeks, hopefully that will fix whatever the issue is.

E
stranger
stranger
E
Thanks Raze, just wiped as suggested - save data cloud sync started but still stuck with system storage is out of space.

Think waiting for the official release is the way forward, pillars of eternity will have to do for a couple of weeks.

Thanks for the assist Sir, much appreciated!

P
stranger
stranger
P
In the game Hit load game delete all saves and then save game had the same issue it worked

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard