Next Thread
Print Thread
F
Fraz Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
F
Hey guys, me and my friends have been having s blast in the game so far! But we’ve run into an issue that ya seven bothering us.

Me and 2 friends started playing together since the beginning, meaning they got to create their own characters and both have a gold crown in their characters respective profile avatars. A third friend bought the game soon after and joined in on us by the time we got to fort Joy after the ship crashed. So we assigned a premade companion Beast to him. The thing is he doesn’t have a gold crown in his profile pic which is disallowing him in participating in dialogue moments between us origin characters and he want allowed to fight us in the arena either.

So I wanted to ask if there’s any way we could get Beast to be registered as a Custom character that’s able to do stuff just like the other characters we have? Would using the mirror in act 2 and customizing Beast register him as one or is it too late? I really don’t wanna go back to the character creation screen with all 4 of us and start over :/ is there something I’m missing here

Support
Support

Unfortunately, there is no way to convert a companion character to an avatar (or vise versa).

There is a mod to skip Fort Joy (Joyless beginnings, IIRC), or if you hold off on playing a couple weeks, you could restart with the Definitive Edition release.

F
Fraz Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
F
Bummer smirk we were hoping to play as much as we can before summer vacation ends. Are there any major changes to the game if my friend plays as a companion rather than an avatar that I don’t know of? I heard that at the end were supposed to kill each other so there could only be one god, so I don’t want my friend to miss out on that if he’s counted out just cuz he’s a companion smirk

Support
Support

Related to what you mentioned, origin moments for companion characters will not trigger if there is not an avatar in the same party (controlled by the same player).

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard