Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Dima01 Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
This isn't a new thing for me, but I thought I had everything resolved. This morning I load up the engine and now, consistently, I get purple skeleton versions of the player dummies. This makes testing dialog very difficult as every NPC attacks the undead. I also have a feeling that in the real game there is an invisible undead tag that is added which makes NPC's (In my mod) attack when talked to.

I'm not entirely sure what is going on. If anyone has had a similar experience, please post below.

Character Creation Script
[Linked Image]

Last edited by Dima01; 19/08/18 07:02 PM.
T
addict
addict
T
When your mod depends on the origins mod, story (Osiris script) will randomly select a player character when you start the editor. This can either be an origin a character, or a generic character of any race (including an undead). In case it's an undead, it's supposed to get equipment that includes head gear so that you're veiled, but there's a code bug that prevents this from happening (which is fixed in the definitive edition).

To avoid everyone from attacking you, just equip a piece of head gear. If you don't have a bucket nearby, you can probably easily spawn one by pressing ctrl-shift-f11, moving your mouse over the editor's game window somewhere near your character (don't click), and typing "spawnItem bucket" followed by pressing the TAB key to autocomplete to one of the bucket templates.

Edit: the purpleness of the skeleton is caused by another code bug, but that one has not yet been fixed, I believe.

Last edited by Tinkerer; 20/08/18 07:19 AM.
Dima01 Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
Thank you, sir. I was just hoping the character creation script didn't bug out my mod with this. I added a generic origins GUID to the list of DB_Origins(somethinorother) and that seemed to totally get rid of the purple guys (for now). Maybe I just got a really bad random streak. But I'm glad to hear that it's something that's being resolved or worked on.

Looking forward to DE.

Moderated by  Larian_KVN 

Link Copied to Clipboard