Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 51 of 57 1 2 49 50 51 52 53 56 57
F
stranger
stranger
F
Originally Posted by Raze

Elemental resistances are capped, as is poison (though it doesn't restrict the Zombie talent). You can get over that with temporary boosts from potions or magic.

thanks man . . .

can some one explain the homestead for me , i mean i know there's supposed to be armory and shops and stuff there but i have nothing there and i'm almost finished with the game ! i'm level 20 and entered the source temple but none of the portals in the homestead works for me ! i read some stuff about it at IGN guides but it sounds like they are sopposed to unlock naturally though the game ! i personally don't care about it at all but "The watch is coming" quest is not moving on and it's linked to the homestead !

P.S - that guide said you need to find star stones to unlock these portals , but every time i find them they turn into inert stone, i kept the inert stones and i haven't used any of the blood stones either (except one for the alfie)

Last edited by F3RYX; 06/07/18 09:28 AM.
The homestead should unlock gradually based on the Star Stones you find during the game. Your Rift Travel icon should flash every time that happens as a reminder to visit the homestead.

Spoiler (mark to uncover): Beware that Blood Stones are corrupted Star Stones, and that you have to use them to "free" the Star Stone inside to count for the homestead. You expend their one-time healing power doing that, though.

Support
Support

How many portals are open, besides the observatory (where you first entered the homestead)?

On the right, past the statue and before you get to the tapestry of time (where the weaver sits), there should be an open portal. If you have not done so already, enter, speak to an NPC seated at the table (about half way down, on the opposite side [with the default camera position]), then return to the main section of the homestead through the portal, with a main character still in the lead. If that was the issue, you should be able to follow Zixzax around, opening a few more portals.

If you did that, look for an open portal that does not have a map marker. Flags are placed when a portal has been completely opened, so one without a marker means that is the one holding up Zixzax from opening the next.

If Zixzax is beside the statue, try speaking to it, to see if you can choose an elemental portal to open (the first is after the Hall of Heroes and Inner Chamber, the 2 portal sites just past the statue).

F
stranger
stranger
F

How many portals are open, besides the observatory (where you first entered the homestead)?

On the right, past the statue and before you get to the tapestry of time (where the weaver sits), there should be an open portal. If you have not done so already, enter, speak to an NPC seated at the table (about half way down, on the opposite side [with the default camera position]), then return to the main section of the homestead through the portal, with a main character still in the lead. If that was the issue, you should be able to follow Zixzax around, opening a few more portals.

If you did that, look for an open portal that does not have a map marker. Flags are placed when a portal has been completely opened, so one without a marker means that is the one holding up Zixzax from opening the next.

If Zixzax is beside the statue, try speaking to it, to see if you can choose an elemental portal to open (the first is after the Hall of Heroes and Inner Chamber, the 2 portal sites just past the statue).

nothing is open , i can't even interact with them , there is one i think "forbidden portal" or something like that but when i interact with it it doesn't work !
zixzax is sitting with the other three ! i saw all of their dialogues ! they don't even mention any portal in the homestead !! if it wasn't for the "the watch is coming" quest i wouldn't even know about the portals !

BTW i never returned to the homestead after the first visit , except for when i freed Icara ! could that be the issue ?
also i think i found over 8 inert stone and maybe 6 blood stone (i didn't skip anything in the game except for homestead and i have over 200 hours of gameplay) the only quests remaining is "the watch is coming" and "closing the rift" and the main quests!
i'll try finishing "closing the rift" and see if i have to start the game over ! i don't know about the PC version but in PS4 it really sucks that they don't give any clue about homestead's portals ! i was enjoying the game so much that i forgot about the portals till now!!!

Originally Posted by Raban
The homestead should unlock gradually based on the Star Stones you find during the game. Your Rift Travel icon should flash every time that happens as a reminder to visit the homestead.

Spoiler (mark to uncover): Beware that Blood Stones are corrupted Star Stones, and that you have to use them to "free" the Star Stone inside to count for the homestead. You expend their one-time healing power doing that, though.

there is nearly no Icon on the screen for PS4 version !

Last edited by F3RYX; 07/07/18 12:06 AM.
Originally Posted by F3RYX
[quote=Raze]
also i think i found over 8 inert stone and maybe 6 blood stone

Any Star Stone you find releases its energy immedately when you come into it's vicinity and becomes inert (i.e. you can only have inert stones in your inventory). Just FYI. For a hint about the Blood Stones, see the spoiler in my last post.

However, the eight stones should've unlocked several rooms in your homestead.

Support
Support
i'll try finishing "closing the rift"

That is precisely what you need to do. Portals will not be opened as long as the homestead is under attack.

The Forbidden Zone portal can not be opened.

F
stranger
stranger
F
Originally Posted by Raban
[quote=Raze]
also i think i found over 8 inert stone and maybe 6 blood stone

Any Star Stone you find releases its energy immedately when you come into it's vicinity and becomes inert (i.e. you can only have inert stones in your inventory). Just FYI. For a hint about the Blood Stones, see the spoiler in my last post.

However, the eight stones should've unlocked several rooms in your homestead.

i know does things already ! this isn't my first RPG! the problem was that i didn't revisit the home stead after the first visit and then home stead came under attack and as long as it's under attack no new portal opens and that's why i don't have any portal ! i stopped the attack and now i opened the portals ! i can't believe i missed on this the entire game ! it's pretty crappy that they didn't hint at it early on !!! any ways thanks for the help . . .

i'll try finishing "closing the rift"

That is precisely what you need to do. Portals will not be opened as long as the homestead is under attack.

The Forbidden Zone portal can not be opened.

yeah , i feel pretty dumb to miss all of these things in home stead the whole game ! thanks for the help . . .

P
stranger
stranger
P

It is fixing a relatively rare issue that can cause crashes opening the trade window or teleporting between regions.

Hi Raze,
First i want to say we love the game.
I have the same problem as Raze said. Also i already read another posts and maybe i reached the 64,000 limit item creation. Is there is any way to fix it (without losing all my crafting, trading or without loading a previous save)?.
Thanks in advance,

Pedro

P
stranger
stranger
P
I think I found a solution to this 64,000 item problem. It seems that every time any trader renew their inventory they keep the previous items in "globals". That's why it's so easy to reach 64,000 items limitation after crafting/selling items (or after looking for many restock new items on the traders).

The solution is to remove all these "Trash Items" with ("Level"=empty)AND("Parent"=0)AND ("Inventory"=0) criteria.

More detail info below:
----------------------------------------------------------------------
I unpacked my savegame (Level 15 characters) and I found in the Items section of the XML:

Total Items in:
globals.lsx..................................... 61134
cyseal.lsx........................................ 3378
lucullaforest.lsx................................ 3079
darkforest.lsx.................................. 2886
homestead.lsx................................... 955
luc_mines.lsx.................................... 677
theprisongardenofstoneking.lsx........... 354
Cys_blackcove.lsx.............................. 329
Charactercreation.lsx........................... 11

Every Item has many attributes (of course) but the ones called my attention are:

"Level"=empty, it means that the Item is not rendered in the map/level (maybe it's in the inventory of a Trader?)
"Owner", the last owner (character/trader)
"Parent"=0, it means that it doesn't belong to a backpack/chest/container/character inventory or trader
"Inventory"=0, it means that it's not a backpack/chest/container
"Translate"=[0,0,0], it means that the item was never rendered in a map/level. (redundant) (Items selled by Traders have this Translate)
"Slot"=65535, it means that the item is not in any inventory (redundant)(Slot 0-14 are the items equipped in that Trader/Character).

After studying the DB of items, there are 2 types of items:
1) Items rendered in the map, those ones have a "Level" (no empty) (also they can have an "owner", or they can be containers with "inventory" and/or "owner")
2) Items inside of a container/chest/bag/inventory (they have a "parent", most of times they have an owner, and they could also have "inventory" if they are containers themselves).

Also I discovered that I crafted and selled 572 Items.

But "Trash Items" with ("Level"=empty)AND("Parent"=0)AND ("Inventory"=0) criteria are 52,761.

This criteria means that these items are not rendered in the map/level ("Level"=empty), they aren't inside of any container/inventory/bag/chest ("Parent"=0) and they are not containers/bag/chest/backpack themselves ("Inventory"=0).

Also I found that these "Trash Items" are the same type of items that the ones every trader restock for themselves (for example, the fish trader has a lot of fish trash items, etc).

Some Traders are:

Name, Level/Map, Owner/CharacterID, InventoryID
TraderBoat, Cyseal, 67174808, 335610268
TraderFish, Cyseal, 67174725, 335610184
TraderMaps, Cyseal, 67174607, 335610066
TraderMage(Water/Air), Cyseal, 67174520, 335609976
TraderRogue, Cyseal, 67174460, 335609916
Arhu(Fire/Earth), Homestead, 67174816, 335610276
TraderArcher, Cyseal, 67174724, 335610183
TraderCaptain(ManOfArms), Cyseal, 67174626, 335610085

Support
Support

Sorry I missed your first post.
The problem with item handles is that the system was not designed to reuse handles. Once the handles are generated (when crafting, or picking up a local item, which turns it into a global item), it doesn't matter if traders hang on to them, or not.

When the item generation system was first designed, the number of handles seemed to be practically unlimited, so there was no reason to make it overly complicated by reusing handles, etc. As development progressed, the game grew significantly (even then nobody hit the limit in the original release, until after the EE was out; the playtime was over 550 hours) and changes in the EE increased the demand for handles (more items being classified as global, rather than local). This resulted in the limit being reachable by a great deal of crafting/trading/looting, or leaving the game running and checking trading periodically.

P
stranger
stranger
P
Thanks a lot for your answer Raze. I really appreciate it.
I understand clearly about the handles, but if we deleted all these "Trash Handles" and rebuild the handles (and replace for the new handles accordingly), it will be able to get new free handles again. (Of course, it will need to save and reload the game). From 66,070 ItemIDs, 52,761 ItemIDs are "Trash Items", so the savegame only use 13,309 ItemIDs (it could use less if we delete all the crafting and old items that i sold to the traders).

More detail Info:
----------------------------------------------------------------------
My savegame has handles (among global.lsx and the rest of maps/levels) for
ItemIDs.............................. from 134283268(08010004h) to 135356346(08115FBAh)
InventoryIDs/ContainerIDs.... from 335610042(140100BAh) to 335808468(140407D4h)
CharacterIDs/OwnerIDs......... from 67174400(04010000h) to 67175849(040105A9h)

So, they use ranges very different.

The total of ItemIDs without duplicates among Globals & Maps/Levels is 66,070 (I discover that the game reuse ItemsIDs between Maps/Level, of course, because you can only use the Globals file plus 1 Map/Level at one time).
For example: Global+Cyseal has 64,512 ItemIDs without any duplicate. (Cyseal+Homestead has 142 ItemIDs duplicates, Cyseal+LuculaForest has 109 ItemIDs duplicates)

If we delete the 52,761 "Trash items"and rebuild the ItemsID handles, we will get all this space for new ItemIDs. Of course, as i said, you have to:
1) Create a list of all ItemIDs
2) Delete the "trash items" and their ItemIDs.
3) Rebuild the handles (create a list of new ItemIDs with a reset counter and link it to the old ItemIDs).
4) Replace every old ItemIDs with the new ItemIDs in every file of the savegame.
5) Save and Reload the new savegame.

Maybe it's not necesary to do all this. Because, it's weird, but i discovered that the game try to reuse old ItemIDs, many new items (like 20%) have older ItemIDs. Maybe If i delete all the "Trash Items" and their ItemIDs will be enough (the problem is still that as long as these "Trash Items" use ItemIDs the game can't reuse them). Also I still don't figure out what is the criteria for reusing this old ItemIDs.

Also I need to figure out if i can use the Official Modding Tools for this or modify the MooseEdit tool for it or use another programming IDE. My problem is loading 250Mb XML files and create a temporaly DB of 64k ItemIDs.

Last edited by pedro_vf; 30/07/18 01:44 AM.
P
stranger
stranger
P
One easy way to fix this, it could be, that the traders reuse their own ItemIDs from the Items they didn't sell, and only create new ItemIDs if they sold Items. But that change has to do in the main exe file (not in the savegames). That change will reduce 82% the creation of ItemIDs.

Last edited by pedro_vf; 30/07/18 02:07 AM.
N
stranger
stranger
N
Why such a picture?
https://ibb.co/nLcy1K

Support
Support

Have you tried changing the resolution, and graphics settings? What about switching to windowed or fake fullscreen display mode?

Check for updated graphics drivers, and Windows updates in general.

Try resetting your graphics driver's 3D settings to default (right click an open area of the desktop to start the nvidia Control Panel or ATI Catalyst Control Center / AMD Radeon Settings).

stranger
stranger
Greetings,

I am replaying the game to obtain the "Never Say Die" achievement. Unfortunately, I am stuck in the tunnels beneath the cabin of the White Witch. More specifically a game crash occurs each time I manage to kill any of the enemies there. I have 300+ hours of playtime, have done quite a few crazy experiments pushing the game's scripts, triggers and encounter logic to the limit but this is the first time something like this happens to me.
So far I am unable to resolve the problem myself. This is what I tried:
-Verified the integrity of the game files
-Reinstalled the game
-Wanted to but could not learn anything from the autogenerated dump files as they are completely empty
-Ran 'AnalysisTool.exe' and carefully examined the report - no anomalies whatsoever
-Tried finishing off an enemy with all possible types of damage to see if any of the DoT effects are causing the issue
-Submitted myself to the painstaking effort of killing a foe without any gear on for the sake of testing whether a bugged crafted item is the culprit
-Partially regained my sanity by using Aminoacow's save editor to make a couple of powerful items to let me eliminate a target in one blow and see if that will do the trick
Needless to say, since I am posting here, none of the above helped. No matter where I am on that map, no matter who I kill, as soon as the target's health drops do 0 the game crashes straight to the desktop.

I am playing through steam on a platform with the following specifications:
CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.00GHz
GPU: nVidia GeForce GTX 1080 @ 1670MHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 4x4GB DDR4 @ 2133MHz

I hope someone can help me resolve this problem as I am eagerly anticipating the release of D:OS2 DE in a couple of days and really wanted to finish D:OS EE at 100% before moving on. If not my heart will be broken...

stranger
stranger
Forgot to mention that almost all containers in my Honour Mode playthrough appear as they have already been opened.
Also, "LevelCache" folder contains files for all levels, even those I am yet to visit in Honour Mode.
To me, it feels like data from my Tactician Mode playthrough has carried over and is breaking Honour Mode.
Is this a correct assumption? If yes, how do I fix it?

Support
Support

In the extracted save folder, you can delete the level cache file for levels you have not been to yet, which should help when you get to that point in the game.

You can try making a backup of your save save folder, then deleting the Luculla Forest level cache file, to see if that will avoid the crash. That can cause problems with resetting quests, opponents and items, etc, possibly causing other critical problems even if it fixes the crashing.

Do you have any backups of your My Documents folder, where you may be able to recover a version of the save before first entering Luculla Forest? That would be a safer point to remove the extra level cache files.
Do you have Windows shadow copies enabled, if applicable? Try right clicking the save folder, select Properties and (if available) switch to the Previous Versions tab to see if there are any copies (though it may have been overwritten too many times since then).

stranger
stranger
Hi Raze,

Thanks for the swift reply! I do have a lot of backups at various points and I did try clearing the level cache as you suggest. Managed to cope with the problem late last night but you may be surprised by how I did it.
Deleting files from the 'LevelCache' folder did not help at first. For some reason those were recreated each time I loaded the faulty save. Eventually I found out that there's information about all maps, items and characters (PCs and NPCs alike) from Tactician Mode in 'HonourMode.lsv' which in turn was used to rebuild the bad 'lucullaforest.lsf'. And when I say info I mean everything right up to Leandra's staff and states from the very end of the first playthrough. Yikes... For some reason, when I started Honour Mode everything from the 'LevelCache' folder was implanted into the new 'HonourMode.lsv' save file where one would expect it to be a clean slate. Mind you, I have no issues with quest sequences - those have reset (praise be Astarte).
But I digress. The way I got out of this messy loop was to use Norbyte's export tool to crack open 'HonourMode.lsv', exsect Luculla forest's map and then repack the save file. Well, unfortunately, that left me with the infamous "corrupted or tampered" message but at least I am able to continue playing. My new worry is that said "tampering" will affect achievements negatively. Do you know if I will still get 'Never Say Die' or it is void now?

T
stranger
stranger
T
Hello there

I'm on my first playthrough and I just met Fumble the toll troll, but he won't talk to me. I couldn't find any mention of a bug related to him online but I do assume this is a bug since all guides and playthroughs that came up in my search say the first step in his quest is just to talk to him and there's no mention anywhere about having to do something specific first to make him want to talk to me.

Before I met him I did the escort job side quest of escorting Bjorn, Mara and Alfie to Silverglen and during the bandit ambush one of the bandits teleported away right next to Fumble which led to Fumble and his summons to enter combat with the bandit. Sooo I think the bug might have been caused by that, but that help me fix it.

Any ideas on how to fix it? Also no, I can't load a previous save since I already saved after the bandit fight and honour mode only gives you one save slot.

Here's a picture of right clicking Fumble showing no "talk" option.
[Linked Image]

Last edited by vometia; 01/10/18 06:33 PM. Reason: image
D
stranger
stranger
D
Hi

This was brought up a couple years ago but i couldn't find an actual answer: is it intended that barbed wire doesn't stack with other damage reflection?

Page 51 of 57 1 2 49 50 51 52 53 56 57

Moderated by  gbnf, Kurnster, Monodon, Stephen_Larian 

Link Copied to Clipboard