Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
K
Keltari Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
K
Im having an issue with DOS2:DE. The game will just freeze for a few seconds, seemingly randomly. It happens often and long enough to be annoying. The mouse stays active, but the rest of the game just hangs. I believe the music will continue as well. There is no rhyme or reason to it. It can happen when standing around doing nothing, so it doesnt appear to be CPU bound. I have an SSD, so I dont believe thats bottlenecking me. My graphics card is more than capable of handling the ultra setting. I didnt have this issue with DOS:EE (from GoG).

Any ideas?

stranger
stranger
I have exactly the same problem, everything stops for few seconds, I can still move mouse, sounds like music and dialogues still plays. It can happen at any time, sorting inventory, middle of battle or exploration. I mostly noticed it around fort Joy, didn't venture forth yet, what's more I didn't notice it during tutorial ship, and I took my time exploring it.

I also later tried making new game and rush to Fort Joy on easiest difficulty and it happened there as well.

I have pretty bad specs, Radeon HD 7750 GDDR5, E8400 Dual Core, 8gb ram. Using HDD too. But the game is generally well optimized and other than long stutter I have 40-50 fps in overworld, inside caves it's stable 60fps. (it's limited) Battles work great too.

Also question to the OP, can I ask you about your specs (especially GPU, I've seen someone in the past who had similar bug suggest it might have be an issue with AMD GPU's) and if you overclock anything? I have gpu and cpu overclocked, I'll try to remove it and report if it changed anything.

O
stranger
stranger
O
Same problem here. Only started having it with Definitive edition. I have the PC version.

stranger
stranger
Ok, so removing overclocks did not fix the issue, still got stutters.

One more thing I've forgot to mention, I've been watching in MSI Afterburner what happens when the stutter happens. Cpu usage is in norm, but gpu usage suddenly drops from around 70~ to 10~ for around one second, then goes right back up to 70. Really weird.

K
Keltari Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
K
So there are multiple people reporting this issue, yet I see no resolutions. Nor do I see any input from the developers, which is disappointing.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Happening to me too, classic was fine but definitive keeps freezing randomly while dialogue still plays. Tried turning off all graphics to the lowest settings with anti aliasing all off but freezing still persists

K
Keltari Offline OP
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
K
Im fairly sure its not graphics related. I strongly suspect its not CPU related, as the music doesnt stutter or slow down and the pointer is still usable. Im certain it is a programming issue.

T
stranger
stranger
T
I've registered to this forum just to confirm this bug.
Didnt have any issues before the DE update.

B
stranger
stranger
B
Same sort of problem here http://larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=648935#Post648935
Made screenshots of the same situations one with drops other not.

stranger
stranger
Yes, it occured to me few times as well, but I think those might be separate issues. I found that during those battle stutters gpu usage did not drop almost to 0, and mostly stayed normal. Initially I figured it might've been just my bad rig, but if it happens on yours then it's not that.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Any way to confirm on whether Larian are aware of this and working towards a fix? Want to know whether I should just persist through or wait awhile. Will patches still be coming out now that they’ve released a definitive edition?

stranger
stranger
Still waiting for this fix, playing the game from time to time, but it's pretty annoying... Also it would probably be good if more people provided their specs.

Btw anyone reached act 2 yet? Is this still happening there?

@Edit

Nope, still happens after leaving Fort Joy, on The High Seas.

Last edited by Jonxx; 10/09/18 12:10 AM.
stranger
stranger
i also have this problem with stutter ever since Definitive edition came out, i've have been stuttering since act 1 to act 4. My specs are

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500k CPU @ 3.30GHz 3.29 GHz

Ram 16 GB

Windows 7 Home premium 64 bit

Geforce GTX 1050

stranger
stranger
Hmm, I use win 7 as well, anyone else?

E
stranger
stranger
E
Same here.

Game freeze for a few secs on DE.
Win 10 + Radeon RX 470

stranger
stranger
I solved my stuttering issue by installing Windows 10 and it somehow worked. But i think the issue is that Directx version on Windows 7 stopped in version 11 while in Windows 10 it's version 12. Try and check if you have Directx 12 in your computers. If you do and it still stutters then i have no clue.

B
stranger
stranger
B
I am running on Windows 10 and can confirm random freeze/stutter for a sec also outside of combat now when just walking arround.

Windows 10
I7- 7700K
MSI GTX1080

Last edited by Bomenknabbelaar; 11/09/18 07:45 AM.
S
stranger
stranger
S
Running test version of Windows 10, have an amd Radeon graphics card, on holiday atm so cant check exact specifications. But definitely not limited to windows 7.

E
stranger
stranger
E
I solved the problem moving the installation to main disk.

S
stranger
stranger
S
I’ve only got one local disk so can’t move it anywhere

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard