I own divinity EE on the xbox one x. This issue has been ongoing for a few weeks now, but I'm writing it now because this time it forced us to revert about an hour's worth of play. So here are the situations:

1. My wife and I play co-op split screen. When we load a saved game, our characters are assigned to the wrong people. Namely, each of our NPC companions are swapped, and sometimes our main characters get swapped. Which is fine, we simply open the character select and swap them. But that's not the real issue, however.

2. when in combat, if we summon a character, when that summoned character dies, it does the above action. This can be quite annoying, but manageable.

3. The real issue is when we pause the game or leave the game for a bit to take a break. Specifically, long enough for the controllers to turn off. When we turn them back on, we sign in, the black pop up window that says "connecting..." Pops up, aaaand then that's it. After that, we lose all control of the game. Neither one of us can perform ANY in game actions, including the pause menu from which we could save the game.
We have to pull out the disc to play it at all again.

The game doesnt freeze, and some part of the game DOES recognize the controllers since it throws up the "connecting" window, but it just doesnt actually allow us to control anything in the game. Not even the pause menu.

We've tried resetting our controllers, using only one controller, etc. Ive tried looking through the forums but couldnt find this specific issue, hope its not a repost.

We both are really addicted to the game, so id like to just say that we love divinity and we just want to be able to enjoy it the way its intended without these annoying bugs.

Thanks!